Forums Latest Members

Oak Island Television Show watch spotting

1. BradleyJ. Dec 24, 2019

Not sure if anyone else is a fan of the show. I know it has it's issues like most reality TV shows do, but I've always been interested in the folk lure. Anyway, there's tons of watches being flashed every episode but I can never make out what they are. Most of the spotted watches are worn by the "leaders" whom you can only assume have lots of money since they are literally throwing millions at digging a hole for possibly nothing :confused: They must be wearing some quality watches if money isn't an issue.

Anyone watch the show? Who's wearing what watches?

DaveK and Walrus like this.
  2. Walrus Dec 24, 2019

Funny you say that I watch it and have noticed the watches and see them leave them on when they are mucking around in the water and mud. I have yet been able to see any of the watch brands but I look. Yes, the dudes have money, one of the brothers owns a vineyard and the other one made good in big oil but on top of that I’m sure they are making a decent buck getting paid by the history channel. So many years people have been searching that island and to date nothing spectacular has been found. It’s interesting to see how these treasure hunters operate

DaveK, BradleyJ. and janice&fred like this.
  3. BradleyJ. Dec 24, 2019

I almost included that same comment in my initial post haha. I believe one watch that Craig wears is an older rolex and hes always got that thing buried in the mud.

Wryfox and Walrus like this.
  4. dougwhiz Dec 24, 2019

I've watched the show from the first season, watch collecting and treasure hunting have a lot of similarities. But it's the most annoying show since nothing substantial ever seems to happen, despite thousands of dollars being spent on drilling and excavating. I can almost just watch the last 5 minutes for a summary now. Never noticed their watches though, maybe because I was always dozing off.

I've spotted more interesting watches whenever I see Jerry Seinfeld appear on a talk show. The last one I had to do some searching for, I believe it was a Breitling Chronospace Jet. Was hard to identify from a distance, and I didn't know they made an analog/digital display chrono.

Chronospace Jet.jpg

5. BradleyJ. Dec 24, 2019

This is a true statement Haha. I haven't noticed lately but they used to enter a commercial and then the first minute or two back from the commercial break would be a recap of the last minute or two from before the commercial. Couple history shows do this tactic. They can stretch out minimal footage into a full hour (60min show, minus 20 min of commercial equals 40min. Minus 3 min of last episode recap, and 8 to 10 min of pre commercial recap. You actually only get 25ish minutes of new footage which is usually uneventful)

With that said we live in the age of DVR so I tune in each week with my finger on the fast forward button and get my Oak Island fix Haha.

Dsloan and DaveK like this.
  6. Dsloan Dec 24, 2019

I've hate-watched the show quite a bit. It's a fascinating study in how to print money with no story, while shoe-horning in a cavalcade of historical nonsense. Is it pirate treasure? Maybe it's the Templars? Ancient aliens? Who knows!?

blufinz52 and DaveK like this.
  7. dougwhiz Dec 24, 2019

YES! The same ultra serious announcer summarizing outlandish theories over and over. Did Blackbeard submerge a ship full of gold in the swamp? Will the searchers find the Ark of the Covenant hidden by the Templars? Well, they did find a brass shirt button this week. So I guess we'll keep tuning in.

gostang9, blufinz52 and Dsloan like this.
  8. Walrus Dec 24, 2019

Yes and the theory about the lost works of Shakespeare hopefully that’s not what was there because if it is it’s a pile of mud now.

Dsloan likes this.
  9. 03Hemi Dec 24, 2019

Could it be the watches will be revealed later? Could it be they’re wearing cheap watches? Could it be... just cant take the narrater anymore and quit watching, I’ll watch the reruns if they find something.

10. BradleyJ. Dec 24, 2019

Me and the wife actually said we should make it a drinking game and take a shot every time the narrator says... "could it be" Now that I said it, you can't help but not hear "could it be" 20 times an episode :D

Dsloan likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 24, 2019

If there was a ounce of coal on that island it would be excavated in a episode :coffee:
    Sorry, Boring as bat shit.

blufinz52 likes this.
  12. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 24, 2019

Craig Tester wears a Rolex. It looks like a TT Sub.
    They are not going to find any treasure, but I continue to watch the show ::facepalm1::

BradleyJ. likes this.
  13. 03Hemi Dec 25, 2019

But, but they keep finding priceless buttons!

blufinz52 likes this.
  14. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 25, 2019

Narrator: "A brass Naval Officer's button? From the 17th century? Could this be from Blackbeard's ship, reportedly seen off the coast of Nova Scotia in 1722?"

BradleyJ., 03Hemi and Dsloan like this.
  15. BradleyJ. Dec 26, 2019

This is spot on :D Yes narrator........ "It Could Be".....literally anything. If we're gonna throw out could be's so easily then it "could be" an alien space ship that was buried in 15th century, that just came back from time traveling, after picking up Jimmy Hoffa.

blufinz52 likes this.
  16. jsducote Dec 26, 2019

17. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 26, 2019