Forums Latest Members
  1. wsfarrell Nov 4, 2015

Someone here (can't find it now) mentioned using o-rings with the JB Champion bracelet to prevent lug damage. I thought it was a good idea and looked some up. I had to guess at the size, but these worked perfectly: they're 1mm x 1.15mm metric buna-N 70 o-rings from (where else?) The O-Ring Store in Idaho. Here's a shot of them on my straight text '69 (and a big thank you to Craig---base615---for the calendar):

o-rings.jpg

2. TLIGuy Nov 4, 2015

Looks like those will work well. Nice fix.

Is it just me or are there quite a few JB Champion bracelets rocking little calendars now a days? This just warms my heart.:thumbsup:

Edited Nov 4, 2015
  3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 4, 2015

I didn't even realize this is a potential issue. Great idea. Thanks

4. M'Bob Nov 6, 2015

Interesting. Do the inside edges of the lugs really get abraded from the edges of the JB? I wouldn't think there was enough torque generated to do this.

5. wsfarrell Nov 6, 2015

I looked at mine after wearing for a few days without o-rings. There was very mild abrasion. Probably could be removed by buffing. Not a disaster by any means, but the o-rings are a cheap and unobtrusive prevention measure.

cicindela and M'Bob like this.
  6. henrikaa Aug 24, 2019

Just reviving this old thread to hear what others are doing, if anything, to avoid abrassion on the lugs when using the JB Champion bracelet?