Forums Latest Members
  1. Johnny J Jun 20, 2011

Any comments on this one? I can get one new from an AD who is selling out the line but have to buy sight unseen

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 20, 2011

Its a cool piece, I believe its actually a part of the Seamaster Aqua-Terra line rather than the Planet Ocean or Seamaster Pro line.

Its got a few things that set it apart:

Pushers on the left hand side, crown on the right.
    Regatta timer
    Upside down chronograph arrangement (chrono hours at 12:00, chrono minutes at 3:00, seconds and regatta time at 9:00
    No Date

It has a calibre unique to it, the Omega Cal 3602. What that movement really is, is a standard ETA 2892-A2 non-chronograph movement, but with a Dubois Depraz 202 chronograph module added to it.

Now, the time module sits on the bottom, and the chronograph module then sits on top, closer to the dial, which turns the ETA movement into a chronograph. The trade off is that in doing that, there is no date window (which is because there is no room for a date wheel on top of the chronograph movement).

This normally looks like this Speedmaster Automatic:

[​IMG]

However!

In the NZL-32 they have effectively rotated the chronograph add-on through 180 degrees, such that its upside down (if you imagine the subdials on this speedmaster turned upside down that is exactly how the NZL-32 is arranged.

This rotation of the module, is the reason why the pushers have also been rotated to the other side, while the crown for the winding and setting mechanism is still on the right, as the two parts are separate internally.

The Regatta timer is much simpler than it sounds, it is a wheel that is run off a gear that is meshed with the minutes counter on the dial. The wheel is painted half grey, half blue, and as the minutes hand turns it, the blue runs out and the grey shades in the view-holes.

This does become an expensive movement to service potentially when its time, but at the same time, its not a movement with known problems, and piggy-back automatic chronographs such as the Speedmaster Automatic above have been known to run over 30 years without an issue.

Very cool and unique watch! Mind if I ask what the price is like?

vlaspri likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 20, 2011

4. Johnny J Jun 22, 2011

Trying to message you with price but got error message

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 22, 2011

Oh really, what was the error message? Could you take a screenshot or copy/paste it at all, we'll have a look at that problem.

6. Johnny J Jun 24, 2011

Tapatalk on the iphone problem. They are asking $2200

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 24, 2011

At $2,200 I think its a VERY good deal. If you can negotiate anything off that, even better, but I wouldn't have a problem paying that.