Forums Latest Members
  1. Dane Jul 29, 2015

Was hoping to get a little identification help. The calibre and reference numbers keep telling me this is a Seamaster 600, if only it said that on the dial. I'm getting a bit frustrated with the research and thought, why not tap into the vast knowledge base of Omega forums. Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dane

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 29, 2015

Probably a service dial.

Dane likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jul 29, 2015

I think you might be good - that reference came in a variety of dials, even sometimes with GENÈVE and Seamaster GENÈVE on them (but wait for confirmation because I'm going from memory). The thing I'd be worried about is the spacing of SWISS and MADE, plus the lack of any series name on that dial.

Dane likes this.
  4. Dane Aug 1, 2015

I give up. What does service dial mean?

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 1, 2015

A service dial is a genuine Omega dial put on at the time of a service overhaul typically when a dial is damaged, discolored etc. This was done at a time when no one expected these watches to be collectible, so exact matches weren't always done, something similar was substituted, as I suspect is was the case here.

Dane likes this.
  6. Dane Aug 2, 2015

Thank you! I really am grateful for the information. I'm slowly learning.

7. Hijak Aug 30, 2015

Here is a large dial shot of my 136.011 for reference...
    Wrist Shot, 3.JPG
    And here is the Omega database confirming what Dennis has said above about the dial markings (check under dial section)...

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database?ref=14322

Yours could very well be an original dial but like Dennis I have concerns about the spacing between the "swiss made." I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's still a nice watch and even if it's a redial it's a pretty good one. I guess the point is these aren't a watch that collectors go after really, I love mine and wear it often...just enjoy it for what it is, a very nice vintage Omega!:thumbsup:

Cheers,
    Ed