Forums Latest Members

Now, I'm interested in vintage Omega; where are the good local places to look for them?

1. khoalety Aug 26, 2013

Since I got my father's vintage Omega up and running. I think I will try to look for vintage Omega instead of the brand new ones. At least for now... :whistling: Could someone give me some suggestions on where to look for them in the Detroit area (watch stores or expos)? I will also look around for on our forum for the Omega Seamaster as well. ::love::

Thank you.

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2013

Well they prefer mature-climax hardwood forest with large White Oaks and open understory......oh wait a minute, that's for Cicindela unipunctata, sorry.
    OK, eBay is of course your most numerous source, watch stores that specialize in vintage, ones that are small, crowded with one owner/operator (ones that look like a hoarder lives there:D ). Sometimes antique stores, though they mostly have junk. Estate sales, very hit or miss. Watch expos at times if they are a good one. Pawnshops, but that varies a lot, some have nothing but tools and crap, others have a lot of watches, usually Seiko etc. I'm sure others have other suggestions.

3. khoalety Aug 26, 2013

So far (1/2 hour :rolleyes: ) there were some sold Longines on this forum I wish I paid more attentions to. You're right... I have better chance online than driving around in the Detroit area. I will keep an eye out for something similar to my father's Omega ( ref 168.035, cal 564 24 jewels adjusted 5 positions). Thank you.

4. cvalue13 Aug 26, 2013

After all, "the Creator, if He exists, has an inordinate fondness for Seamasters."

rhetoric likes this.