Forums Latest Members
  1. CaptainWinsor Jan 6, 2019

got a divorce bomb from the wife. Wasn’t one of my resolutions. In lieu of sympathy send money

2. flw history nerd Jan 6, 2019

Ouch. I'll never forget the summer of 2011, when the same thing happened to me. It's a long road ... all worked out well, but it took a long time. You'll need friends, and a place to talk, with no judgement - just listening. PM me if you want. All good wishes.

3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 6, 2019

Welcome to the club.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 6, 2019

Cheer up, you'll get over it.

After a year or so of thinking all women are blood sucking bitches and avoiding any meaningful relationships, and generally behaving with a "I don't give a f*ck about anything any more" attitude, probably hitting the booze a bit too much, and driving without a thought of speed limits etc you will level out, find another partner to share your life with. And she will most likely be a better one than the first.

At least that's my experience.

5. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 6, 2019

If my first wife hadn't served me I wouldn't have my two beautiful girls.
    DSC01996.JPG

Edited Jan 6, 2019
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 6, 2019

Divorced once, Married twice. Got to keep all my watches.

It's all about giving it some time.

S

mydeafcat, Paedipod, sdre and 4 others like this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 6, 2019

PS: If you're finding it hard, seek a support group. Talking it out and sharing it with others helps a bit and prevents you sinking into a really bad place.

rob09, mydeafcat, superfly and 5 others like this.
  8. CaptainWinsor Jan 6, 2019

I don’t even know where to begin.

superfly likes this.
  9. CaptainWinsor Jan 6, 2019

Actually I’m hoping we can reconcile. Been married almost 16 years. It’s always so much easier for the one leaving. 2 kids 12 and 9 are devastated

rob09 and superfly like this.
  10. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 6, 2019

It begins with a lot of soul searching and second guessing. What if I... I should have done... I should have been... These are all natural feelings. As men, we feel we need to be in control at all times. In my divorce there were factors beyond my control and that left me feeling a little helpless.
    We did go through counseling. I don't know if helped. Our divorce was amicable, so there was that. If you can't reconcile, hopefully you will remain friends. It will be easier for you and the kids.

11. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 6, 2019

This is awesome - Sending support your way - Drop a DM to chat watches & other exciting life events

Sincerely,

Thomas

mydeafcat, superfly and CaptainWinsor like this.
  12. CaptainWinsor Jan 6, 2019

Thanks. I may do that

mydeafcat likes this.
  13. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 6, 2019

Oh, and by the way, my new Avatar... That's me back in the day, working the ladies.
    Find a "Ladies Night" right away!.

efauser and superfly like this.
  14. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jan 6, 2019

A divorce with young children in the mix is always going to be way harder to deal with than a divorce with no children involved.

I know. I've done both.

superfly likes this.
  15. calalum Jan 6, 2019

Try to find out if she will consider couples therapy and if yes get a good referral and commit to several months of that. It is hard and expensive but it has saved my marriage (so far). Good luck.

16. kkt Jan 6, 2019

Best wishes. I'm part of that club too.

superfly likes this.
  17. Evitzee Jan 6, 2019

Good luck, hopefully the relationship can be salvaged. Work at it. I can't speak from experience as I'm going on 46 years of marriage. Wifey lets me play with motorcycles and watches. She's a keeper.

18. Buster Jan 7, 2019

My wife of twenty years left me because I failed to meet some conditions she set for me. We had two teenage daughters at the time and I told her she could have custody but I wanted visitation. I filed for divorce and told her to talk to me through my attorney. I never called her. After two years my daughters came to live with me by choice. I developed some male friends and we would go out drinking and meet women. Sometimes we would come back to the house and socialize some more. Another year past and one night when I came home I found my ex-wife naked in my bed. My youngest daughter had let her in. She told me she wanted to come home and she had made a mistake by leaving. I let her move back in and that was seven years ago. I didn't marry her again and will not.
    So my friend be strong and act like you are swinging the world by the tail. Don't call her. Get your body toned, buy some new clothes and get out of the house. If she doesn't come back at least you're on he road to recovery. Whenever you feel down look at your Omega watch then look in the mirror and say " What would James Bond do?
    ?"

Edited Jan 7, 2019
  19. kkt Jan 7, 2019

But not when you're driving ;)

staristheanswer and superfly like this.
  20. borre Jan 7, 2019

Ouch! I hope it turns out in the best possible way for your family

superfly and KGS1925 like this.