Forums Latest Members
  1. Golfsr Jul 14, 2019

I'm hoping someone might be able to tell me more about this watch. I know that they made only for a short time or so I was told by a jeweler who was told by a watch maker. but no other info. in the pictures there a pin hole thing? and was told in order to set time date you had to push in the silver center on the knob. any info would be great, thanks.
    20190714_122401.jpg 20190714_122436.jpg

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 14, 2019

The model number and movement number are on the inner caseback and movement respectively.

You can google information on how to adjust it if you have the movement number. It should be fairly easy to pop off the back on a quartz watch with a sharp knife or razor blade.

3. Golfsr Jul 14, 2019

I was worried about taking the case off, was told that they didn't make them for to long and because of that there's no way to get parts to fix it if it breaks. so just a knife to pop off the back? it won't fall apart?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 14, 2019

No it should not fall apart.

5. MRC Jul 14, 2019

I suspect you have a 1345 movement there. You might find that number visible on outside the case-back.

Try this:

Pull out crown, hours should move and day advances every 24 hours.

To set minutes press centre of crown for 5 seconds then release, immediately press again and seconds + minutes will advance rapidly (hours will not change).

To set seconds, if fast push and hold centre of crown, seconds will stop until released. If slow each push of crown centre will advance by 1 second, (minutes will stop I think) you can easily do two pushes or more per real-time second.

To set date each push on the 4 o'clock button will advance by 1 day.

This is not guaranteed correct but is based on a quartz Omega from around the same time that I have and a bit of WWW searching.

Modern batteries will not fit without a simple modification to the battery holder, and will not last much more than a year. Timekeeping for my 1342 movement is about 1 second drift per day. Oh, it's showing correct day & date, the battery mod must have been done :thumbsup:

DaveK and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Golfsr Jul 15, 2019

I took the back off took pics with cell, sorry not that good of pics. and yes it looks like 1345 and on the inside of the cover it says 196.0080. And now I have to go to the jeweler to have it put back on, lol, won't close all the way without a hammer. 20190715_114534.jpg 20190715_114454.jpg

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 15, 2019

40million serial number from about 1977

8. Canuck Jul 15, 2019

If you have already tried to put the back of the case back on, chances are you have done a number on the red gasket. That red ring serves not only as a gasket, but it holds the back on the case. Some recommend that, once the back has been removed, that red ring (gasket) should be replaced. Won’t express an opinion in that regard, one way or another. But remove the red ring from the case and place it in position on the case back in the SAME ORIENTATION as when the back came off (don’t flip the red gasket over). If you haven’t destroyed the red gasket, the back should press on with your fingers. If the gasket has been destroyed, there is no way on this earth you’ll be able to re-use the red gasket. You’ll need help replacing it. The fit is very critical.

9. Golfsr Jul 15, 2019

I managed to get it back on. is there a place to order new red ring (gasket)?

I like the watch and would hate to have it not the way it should be. still not sure if the $200.00 I paid for it was worth it or not.

10. Canuck Jul 15, 2019

Selecting and fitting a correct red gasket for the watch is not as easy as one might think. Probably better let someone with a complete assortment of gasket sizes do the job. One will have to be selected for a correct, tight fit.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. MRC Jul 16, 2019

In pure monetary terms I think you did OK for a working watch with evidence of one or possibly two services. As you like it and I hope are planning to wear it, then you did very well. Be aware that the cost of having Omega service it is at least 3 times what you paid for it. There are independents though, thank goodness -- wish I'd known that 3 years ago :(

If you could confirm that I had got the setting methods right it would be useful to people picking up 1345 movements in the future.