Forums Latest Members

Not pleased with Chicago OB’s delivery of ST2

1. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Sep 14, 2018

I recently had my ST2 delivered to me from the Chicago OB. Prior to delivery, I asked their manager to include all it’s packaging material including boxes and papers which I was assured he’d include. Upon receiving the watch, I noticed the outer Omega box had damage to it and the watch was missing its plastic packing shell and hang tag.

After inquiring about these issues, I was informed that the box came damaged from Switzerland and that instead of delaying my receipt of the watch the OB decided to ship it to me anyway. The OB told me they informed the corporate office regarding the box damage but are unable to give me a timeline regarding resolution of the matter. I’m rather upset that the damage wasn’t disclosed prior to selling the watch to me.

Also, I was informed that it’s company policy to not provide customers with the plastic shell and hang tags and thus these items were sent back to corporate. Therefore I won’t be provided these items. Yet I’ve seen others who purchased the ST2 actually receive the plastic shell and tags.

Although I like the watch, I don’t know what recourse to take aside from indefinitely waiting for the OB to inform me of any resolution. Has anyone experienced something similar and do you have any suggestions?

Edited Sep 14, 2018
    red crowned, qboa and fskywalker like this.
  2. Linzer Sep 14, 2018

I picked up my ST1 last year at a European OB. The outer box and the plastic case were missing and they kept the hang tag. They said that they need to keep the hang tag to send it back to Switzerland. :cautious: I left a little upset and thought I will not be buying from them again. I though about emailing Omega international sales dept about this but I didn't bother.

My Ultraman will be picked up at an AD this time along with another watch. They ensured me everything will be included.
    Will see...

Edited Sep 14, 2018
    qboa, Fusion and cicindela like this.
  3. jw0n Sep 14, 2018

In my part of the world, customers are allowed to take everything home; outer brown box, hang tag (price) and plastic case. Iirc, these all have serials that match your watch.

Hunter87, Fusion, ck77 and 1 other person like this.
  4. djmusicman Sep 14, 2018

My 60th anniversary outer box arrived a little damaged and the AD got another one out to me. I think it took about a month. I wouldn't worry about the plastic shell! I imagine the boxes are shipped to the OB in it but it's not supposed to be part of the set.

Hunter87 likes this.
  5. SteveShepherd Sep 14, 2018

Just my 2cents (pennies in the UK) worth. Every time I’ve bought a watch, it has included the hang tags. I think it’s important that they come with the set as

1. I’ve bloody paid for a complete set.
    2. It’s only relevant to that particular watch with the serial numbers etc
    3. If you do come to sell it later, I’m guessing that the buyer will want the complete set if that’s what’s advertised.

I’m going to go with my gut and call bullshit on the OB’s claim that it has to be sent back to Omega. If that’s the case, why send the tags with the watch in the first place ?

I find a review on the OB’s Facebook page can prompt an appropriate response in very quick time on occasion. Good luck with your ongoing dealings with them. I think most of not all of us have your back on this one.

Best,

Steve

6. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Sep 14, 2018

Perhaps discussing the matter with the corporate office rather than the OB might help matters? Anyone know the likely most “effective” contact information to streamline the matter?

7. alam Sep 14, 2018

Really? Define who is “company” and “corporate”, regardless IMO total BS answer.

8. Maganator Sep 14, 2018

You could email the address for ST queries?

[email protected]

9. Watchmutt Sep 14, 2018

I received the plastic shell with hangtag still taped to it, and brown outer box, along with the usual ST2 swag. There was not even any hint that anything would be held back.

cicindela likes this.
  10. SteveShepherd Sep 14, 2018

This is the CEO of Omega. The site Ceoemail might be able to furnish you with further details. I hope this helps?

D9448714-DAFD-4F09-A2EE-701B5C39983F.jpeg
    Rasputin likes this.
  11. SteveShepherd Sep 14, 2018

[email protected] maybe? Best I could find for you mate. I hope it helps? Remember not to rant but be calm and professional as I’m sure you will be. Hopefully you will get a result especially as he was recently reported to be very keen on maintaining a positive reputation on social media. This is an easy fix for him versus the negative response he risks by ignoring the issue. Once again, good luck :)

Rasputin likes this.
  12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 14, 2018

I find it really disturbing that the purchaser of a luxury watch is treated with suspicion and disrespect. I agree...If I bloody well paid for a new watch, I bloody well want it with all the trimmings. Way I see it, If they owe you a new box, they owe you the whole kit.

Fusion, Uniqez, merchandiser and 6 others like this.
  13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

This sounds like the same garbage they are pulling with some Rolex models.

Since you’ve gone nowhere at the OB, I’d recommend a polite email to the head of Omega USA with a copy to Mr. Aeschlimann.
    gatorcpa

Fusion, Kmart, Watchmutt and 4 others like this.
  14. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Sep 14, 2018

I appreciate everyone’s input. I agree with @gatorcpa that an email to Mr Aeschilmann and the head of Omega US should help matters. Anyone know who the US Omega head contact is?

15. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

If its the outer black box they are nearly all damaged. You can see its a manufactured defect where the fold is.

16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

Rasputin likes this.
  17. BenjaminT Sep 14, 2018

Had mine delivered to an AD (Juwelier Jacobi Stuttgart). Have not seen the outer (white? - the black one was there but I think there must be another one) box and the shell. I did see the hangtag but was not allowed to keep it. The shop assistant had to take photos of the watch with the Omega invoice, their invoice to me and the filled out and stamped warranty card. She told me it was required by omega to send this photo to them.
    I was not pleased at all. The paper work was pawed and they posted photos of the watch on IG before.
    I expected some kind of humblness because I decided to have it run through their books with quite a thick profit margin I suppose. However they were nearly hostile - I was not even offered a drink. This is very much in contrast to the treatment I used to get when inquiring on their window stock before. My interpretation was that they were sour because they were not allowed to commercialize on the watch on their discretion. After I found the OB in Frankfurt not good enough for a three hours drive with ST1, I will keep on litmus testing the next AD with ST3 ::bleh::.

18. Meme-Dweller Sep 14, 2018

lol, the plastic coffin and tags aren't shipped back to Switzerland.... your leg is being pulled. Your order is ruined. Don't take delivery and let me buy it from the OB instead.

ama98 and Archer like this.
  19. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Sep 14, 2018

Interesting. Anyone else have similar damage?

8900ECFD-EA22-4228-8A82-12C0A5891748.jpeg
    Edited Sep 14, 2018
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

I received mine in the outer box, in perfect condition. It also came with the shipping box that it all arrived in.
    My watch came inside the plastic shell with hang tag and cards. All materials were in place and pristine.
    I have everything. All of this was cheerfully given.
    Even if the store needed a photo, that is no reason confiscate the materials.
    Omega has no need for used materials
    I smell something from a bull.
    If someone feeds you line there’s no reason you have to swallow it. I have heard of people being told this crap before and a store backing down when a customer forcefully asserted what the store will do.
    You have to have knowledge so that you can challenge and say, That's not true.

PS., also received suitable amounts of Omega swag. :)

Fusion, gostang9, Kmart and 6 others like this.