Forums Latest Members

FS NOS Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark IV with box

1. Blaise Jul 19, 2020

Dear all,

The time has come for me to consolidate my collection and let a few pieces go that I don’t wear at all. On the one hand, I’d like to make room for another incoming, but I also want to offer pieces to my fellow enthusiasts to enjoy, perhaps more than I did. So, with a heavy heart, I’m offering my vintage New Old Stock (or very close to that) Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark IV for sale.

Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (3 of 12).jpg Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (5 of 12).jpg Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (4 of 12).jpg
    The watch comes from Germany, I’m the second (well, 3rd) owner. I bought it from a guy who got it from the original owner’s widow (I’m happy to share more info with the prospective buyer). He did not like it and immediately sold it to me, hence I consider myself the second owner.

Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (2 of 12).jpg Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (1 of 12).jpg

It came in the original box it was sold in but sadly no papers or outer box. However due to the history of the watch, I do not doubt that it came in this box. Albeit the watch might not be 100% NOS as I wore it when I tried it on and took out of the box a few times to take photos, it has really not seen too much action. I’m guessing the original owner did not wear it too much if at all. Please see the photos for reference.

Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (6 of 12).jpg Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (7 of 12).jpg

The hands are still white, the dial has not aged, and the case is as sharp as it gets. You can also see the red wax dot on the case back meaning that the watch has never been opened. Some might say that you should not wear a watch like that, and it needs service immediately, this is up to the new owner to decide. What I know however is that the watch kept excellent time (within 10 seconds a day) as I put it on a timegrapher when I bought it.

Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (12 of 12).jpg Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (10 of 12).jpg

The original 1162 bracelet is the full length of course with the old trapeze-shaped logo and 172 end links. The back has a protective sticker. I put that on to prevent the back from getting scratched up by the bracelet.

Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (8 of 12).jpg Omega Speedmaster Mark IV (9 of 12).jpg

I’ve never seen another NOS Omega Speedmaster Mark IV so I’m not sure how to price this. Used ones usually go for €1500-2000 (a bit more on Chrono24). I’d like to get €2,750 or nearest offer, please.

Thank you for reading and please let me know if my asking price is off.

DeclanGill, izydor, Lonestar and 14 others like this.
  2. Blaise Aug 6, 2020

Some interest but the watch is still not sold yet. Let’s try €2500