Forums Latest Members
  1. Psych Aug 4, 2014

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 4, 2014

Well it is not an Omega part - it says so in the listing.

I think this is a turned up one that has been engraved.....I'm in that process myself. It looks a close copy to me. It also looks well made, but the proof will be in the fitting.

I am willing to bet the side profile does not match the original. No photo unfortunately.

3. Psych Aug 4, 2014

Sadly, that is what I suspected. I've been hard at work "ageing" a later Omega steel bezel with my teenage daughter's nail file. Trying to take a fraction of a millimetre off the outer edge and to simulate 55 years of wear on the engraving. She's not at all happy with the accumulation of black dust on the file, but I think it is looking better.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 4, 2014

Yes, that was my first idea.

I havent tried it yet

However the profile of the new bezels is different to that of the old. Shouldn't be an issue if you have a lathe....i don't...yet

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 4, 2014

You bounder;) (rather fits with the avatar) Buy her a new file.

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 4, 2014

The print is a little off of the original ones as the circles are still a bit too large and some of the font placement around is a hair off. Overall a super clean attempt at making a copy. If I was an uninformed buyer I might think otherwise.

7. stefan Aug 4, 2014

Don't judge by it's cover :D

As you might know, there were two versions for ref. CK 2915-1 and CK 2915-2/3. The first version is the one you can see in any of the official OMEGA publications and in the OMEGA museum in Bienne. The second version is basically the negative of the later black bezel for CK 2915-3 and the early CK 2998s. The dimension of the bezel is 34,2/39,0 x 1,3 mm and it is etched. By the way: Some sources on the WWW provide wrong information. So it is a totally wrong myth that the correct outer diameter was 38,6 mm, because the official case dimension of the CK 2915 was 39,0 mm, which is the outer diameter of the bezel, being the largest part of the watch. Also, the design would not have fitted on a 38,6 mm bezel, without partially cutting off some of the outer digits. Well, I guess you can judge by yourself.

I am convinced this is the best replacement bezel for 2915-3 and early 2998 you gentlemen have ever seen :)

JohnSteed, justintime and Dablitzer like this.
  8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 5, 2014

Stefan, is this the one you were working on for the last year + ? looks pretty good; needs aging for these nearly 55 years old watches.....good result; congratulations ! kind regards from down under. achim

JohnSteed likes this.