NOS 2020 EW 321

Looking at a NOS 321 that is from 2020 (first year of reintroduction). Everything seems to check out with the watch and seller, and I am triple-checking on some super niche details that perhaps this community can help with.

Did the early batch of modern EW 321s come with a “clear” coffin instead of the white cardboard holder I see now?

Also, this 2020 EW 321 has the little “nub” on the clear plastic dial protector. I don’t see that on newer (e.g., 2024) BNIB EW 321s on Chrono24, and curious if this is “period correct” for an early batch EW 321 c 2020?

Like 2
Luckily don't have to resort to C24 with the marked up prices as this model is available for walk in customers at AD's in NL.

Like 2
Clear coffin was standard. Mine didn't have the nub on the protector that I can remember, but that's not a big deal.

Luckily don't have to resort to C24 with the marked up prices as this model is available for walk in customers at AD's in NL.

Seriously, thats crazy. Is this the case for all the boutiques in NL?

The white cardboard was a relatively recent change. When I got my Snoopy in late 2021 I got the plastic coffin.

Like 1
Seriously, thats crazy. Is this the case for all the boutiques in NL?
I'm told by my AD it isn't a waitlist model anymore in my country, we had 0 OB's in NL till a month ago, only AD's.

Thanks folks!

Does anybody have a few extra of these circle plastic dial covers available? They might come in handy for me. Please PM if you do, I could trade you a nice Omega red watch case or something to make it worthwhile.

My local AD throws these in the trash and said they don’t get these from Omega anymore.

Cheers!

Like 1
Thanks folks!

Does anybody have a few extra of these circle plastic dial covers available? They might come in handy for me. Please PM if you do, I could trade you a nice Omega red watch case or something to make it worthwhile.

My local AD throws these in the trash and said they don’t get these from Omega anymore.

Cheers!

Are they just the adhesive plastic circles? If so, I use 3M auto-detailing tape -- just sticky enough, reasonably thick, leaves no residue.

If these are actually available to anyone walking into an AD in NL they will be cleaned out quickly and resold via the grey market to the rest of the world. This is the first I've heard they are readily available from dealer stock.

The early ones had a white painted centre pinion on top of the hands stack. This changed into metal colored around autumn 2022. You could also check the serial number. The 2020 ones have a serial number below 1000 or 1200. (8870xxxx). The very first ones had an 88800xxx serial number.

The early ones had a white painted centre pinion on top of the hands stack. This changed into metal colored around autumn 2022. You could also check the serial number. The 2020 ones have a serial number below 1000 or 1200. (8870xxxx). The very first ones had an 88800xxx serial number.
Agreed - my UK watch (Nov 2020 delivery) has a white painted centre pinion. :)

The early ones had a white painted centre pinion on top of the hands stack. This e into metal colored around autumn 2022. You could also check the serial number. The 2020 ones have a serial number below 1000 or 1200. (8870xxxx). The very first ones had an 88800xxx serial number.

Great info, and thanks for sharing. The one I was looking at is an 88706XX serial number. It is absolutely complete, down to OB personalized letter and scan of original sales receipt c. November 2020.

I reckon this could be one of the first “new” 321s ever produced?

Like 2
Agreed - my UK watch (Nov 2020 delivery) has a white painted centre pinion. :)
Just checked the serial no. - it's 8880000x 5th Sept 2020

Like 2
Mine is an 88708XX serial number, sold through a EU boutique 28.01.2021. There is absolutely no issues with the one you are looking at, it all lines up completely. Just do the deal and start enjoying it.
Edited:

Like 1
I just checked my Oct 31, 2023 and the serial starts in 88704XXX along w a flat crown (no protruding logo nub) & the pinion which keeps the hands in place is metal. I remember reading about that a while back. Yours sounds like a very nice pick up.

Some more pics. Seller said he had a couple of watches out and might have put the wrong clear plastic dial cover on. In the latest pics, looks like it doesn’t have the “nub” as I called it in my first post.

Everything seems to check out.

Like 2
So why aren't you buying it? The cost? Not convinced of its authenticity or other issues with it? Not sure you want it?

Like 1
So why aren't you buying it? The cost? Not convinced of its authenticity or other issues with it? Not sure you want it?

Price. Seller is asking for $21k USD, which seems steep. Everything else I love about the watch, as all checks out.