Noob needs knowledge

Hey there,
I’m relatively new into vintage watches and love the old omega designs! I always thought, that those were incredibly expensive. But there are a lot of watches on eBay and Chrono24.
As there are so many models and designs, im very suspicious and I don’t want to buy a fake watch.
As I already have a vintage watch with a leather strap, I’m looking for an Omega with a steel strap.
Can you guys recommend one of those two watches?
https://chrono24.app/omega/omega-geneve--id30815169.htm?SETLANG=de_DE&SETCURR=EUR
I asked for pictures of the movement and the date of the last service but didn’t get an answer. If I get an answer, I will post the pictures and the information in this thread.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/13489073144...ZCJvLefSK-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Here I also asked for the date of the last service. The answer was: „The watch runs well but needs a service.“. What do you think about a steel strap for this watch? Would that be even possible?

What do you think about those watches? Are they original? Is the price worth it, even if they need a service?

Thanks a lot for your help and advice!
Peter
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Peter

Welcome, recommended you post pictures rather than links, this way you will receive more proactive contribution to your queries.

Pic is too blurry to tell. Black dials are often redials. This one has messy lume pips so I'm not hopeful.

Try looking on this forum in the private sales section. No fakes there and prices are reasonable or lower than elsewhere.

Thank you for your fast reply!
Here are the pictures of the second watch „Omega Automatic Seamaster Cal 491 Ref 2846 13 SC Galvanic Dial Rare Watch“ (eBay)
I assume you wouldn’t recommend that one either, because of the black dial and the blurry pictures?

Thanks a lot, I will take a look at the private sales section!

The dial maybe ok but the case is over polished. Crown is incorrect. I am unsure about the hands Pass.