Non-luminous dial, but "T Swiss Made T" imprinted

Hi!
I'm looking to buy a vintage Seamaster watch. During my research, I've read that for 1960's watches using tritium it was mandatory to have a "T" printed on the dial. As I understand, there was "Swiss Made T" indicating that only the hands were luminous and "T Swiss Made T" to indicate that both the hands of the watch and the dial were luminous. However, I wonder, if there are any Omega Seamaster watches with "T Swiss Made T" printed on the dial, but only with luminous hands and not with a luminous dial? Or is this a sign for a refurbished/reprinted version of the dial?

Hi!
I'm looking to buy a vintage Seamaster watch. During my research, I've read that for 1960's watches using tritium it was mandatory to have a "T" printed on the dial. As I understand, there was "Swiss Made T" indicating that only the hands were luminous and "T Swiss Made T" to indicate that both the hands of the watch and the dial were luminous. However, I wonder, if there are any Omega Seamaster watches with "T Swiss Made T" printed on the dial, but only with luminous hands and not with a luminous dial? Or is this a sign for a refurbished/reprinted version of the dial?

We’d have to see the particular dial to be sure. Some dials have tiny lume dots in addition to applied indices that you might not notice. Some have had those dots removed in a cleaning, but the rest of the dial is original and not repainted.

Like 1
However, I wonder, if there are any Omega Seamaster watches with "T Swiss Made T" printed on the dial, but only with luminous hands and not with a luminous dial? Or is this a sign for a refurbished/reprinted version of the dial?

I am not a Seamaster expert, but am confident that there were (single or double "T") dials that did not necessarily correspond to the original state of the lume. In other words, the answer to your second question is, at least to my mind, not necessarily.

I say this in reference to all brands, as dial stocks ran low at times, and I am certain that manufacturers were not very concerned about the Tritium references matching precisely.

Like 1
Thank you for your quick response. Please find attached a photo of the watch I am talking about. I'm sorry about the poor quality of the picture, which may impede the assessment. However, in other models, the above mentioned tiny lume dots in addition to the applied indices are clearly visible. These tiny dots should also be visible in this picture irregardless of the poor quality.

That is a lumed dial. The lume is inset into the hour markers.

Hi!
I'm looking to buy a vintage Seamaster watch. During my research, I've read that for 1960's watches using tritium it was mandatory to have a "T" printed on the dial.

Only from January 1964.

If I recall correctly there was a thread on this a while ago, you might be able to find it with the search function. I think it concluded that there wasn’t a firm rule that worked with every dial.

As I understand, there was "Swiss Made T" indicating that only the hands were luminous and "T Swiss Made T" to indicate that both the hands of the watch and the dial were luminous.

I don't know why this wrong belief is still circulating around.

Like 1