Forums Latest Members

Nomos Club Campus Neomatik Mini-Review

1. Jamgantenk Jul 7, 2019

D4539283-B077-4125-8026-4691DF4A8700.jpeg
    3C3CD37E-DA8C-4CA8-9C4E-EC1C8D250B58.jpeg
    First of all this watch is not mine, it belong to my wife.

There are mainly two things i want to talk about this watch: The goods and the bad. Lets get straight to it.

The goods:
    Its value for money
    Basically all the good side of this watch can be sum into this one point, its value for money, i paid their AD slightly above SGD4,000 (USD 2,900) for this brand new watch. And what did i get in return? These:

( i ) Their new inhouse movement that are equiped with their own swing system, so are very accurate. Its true because i already compare it to my rolex and its on par. Plus as you can see on the pic above its finishing is beautiful for a USD 2,900. (Tell me if there are other brands with this kind of pricing that offers this level of movement).

( ii ) 200meter water resistance, every time i for a swim, i always borrow her watch.

( iii ) its versatility, with the bracelet you can wear it for casual, but because of its diameter and heights (37mm and 8,6mm) if you ever want to use this for a formal, you only need to change the bracelet to a leather.

( iv ) Decent lume, it doesnt last that long but the blue is very bright.

( v ) As a brand with entry-level pricing even the great Philipe Dufour recommended Nomos. (Lol it works for me)

The Bad:

( i ) The dial color combination and the material used for it is just not to my taste, otherwise i will wear it more often.

( ii ) The AR coating is not that good, i found it very difficult to capture the dial, especially with a camera phone.

( iii ) The bezel is a magnet for scratch if you wear your watch like me (careless with a doorknob) its bezel probably will look very ugly after few years of wears.

Thanks for reading, if you have experiences or reviews you want to share and add about this watch or any Nomos, please do share.

2. snunez Jul 7, 2019

You're in Singapore? What AD did you buy from?

Jamgantenk likes this.
  3. Jamgantenk Jul 7, 2019

Im from Jakarta, but yes i bought it at singapore Paragon

4. KingCrouchy Jul 7, 2019

Thanks for the review! The movement looks very nice for this price range.:thumbsup:

Jamgantenk likes this.
  5. Jamgantenk Jul 7, 2019

Thanks, glad someone like it. It does looks good and The DUW caliber i think is almost 100% inhouse made by Nomos.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  6. snunez Jul 8, 2019

I think they are too. From what I recall, the alpha movement is based on an ETA, with modifications by Nomos. I'd love to see what's behind the visible parts; i.e. do they finish the parts we do not see. Any watchmakers out there that have taken apart a Nomos movement?

Jamgantenk likes this.
  7. SteveHarris Jul 8, 2019

Nice review :thumbsup:

I've been interested in picking up a Nomos for a while but I haven't found a design that I've loved and/or at a price I think is good value.

Steve

Jamgantenk likes this.
  8. Jamgantenk Jul 8, 2019

You should try the nomos zurich, in my opinion is one of the best in its class. Especially the blue dial

9. mz_cle Jul 8, 2019

Beautiful! How do you like the bracelet as a daily wear option? Does it pull or rip arm or wrist hair? I haven't gotten a chance to see one in person, yet.

Jamgantenk likes this.
  10. Jamgantenk Jul 8, 2019

I have no problem at all with bracelet its quite comfy, but probably because i dont have much wrist hair. You should try it in person.

11. albertob Jul 8, 2019

Can you share some photos of the lume?

Thanks!

Jamgantenk likes this.
  12. Lbreak Jul 8, 2019

Yep, lume photos would be greatly appreciated! ;)

albertob and Jamgantenk like this.
  13. Jamgantenk Jul 9, 2019

Can please someone who owns Nomos watches add another review fo their other models.

Will do it later, its always on my wife wrist as she barely take it off during the day.

14. albertob Jul 9, 2019

@Jamgantenk

( iii ) its versatility, with the bracelet you can wear it for casual, but because of its diameter and heights (37mm and 8,6mm) if you ever want to use this for a formal, you only need to change the bracelet to a leather.

What about lug to lug (or height)? How many mm?

Thanks!

Jamgantenk likes this.
  15. Jamgantenk Jul 9, 2019

KingCrouchy and albertob like this.