Forums Latest Members

No responses after 3 months from Omega Extract of Archive

1. Luckyl Aug 6, 2018

Hi,
    I ordered an extract for my 105.012-65 since early of May 2018. I got no news or responses from them. I have mail to [email protected] and [email protected], but none of them reply my mail.
    Anyone experiences this before with omega archive? How long you receive your archives normally? As I read their notice that they will response within 6 weeks the latest, but mine has been 3 months and nothing happened and they don't even responses to my email for any update.

Rgds,
    Luckyl

2. verithingeoff Aug 6, 2018

M last extract came about 3 weeks ago and took 7 weeks[​IMG]

Jamgantenk and D.D. like this.
  3. queriver Aug 6, 2018

My most recent request was lodged online on 28 Feb and the Museum emailed me 4 weeks later telling me it was finished, which I thought was unusually fast for them.

Firstly, did you order the Extract via the Omega website or an OB?

- If it was an OB, I would contact them and complain about it.

- If it was an online order, the 1st thing to check is whether you received an email like the one below which should have come through to you within a day or so after placing the order. If you didn't get one of these emails your order most likely didn't go through correctly. Also check whether the credit card transaction went through. If you did get this email, I'd take it, or email it, to your OB and get them to escalate it on your behalf because the order definitely got through to Omega and it should have been processed by now. BTW, the museum also sends an email after they've completed the Extract, and before or around the time they post it, so you'll know whether the issue is with Omega if you haven't received one of those either.

EXT.jpg

Etp095 likes this.
  4. Luckyl Aug 6, 2018

Hi Queriver,

I ordered online and yes.. I have received email confirmation like yours and credit card has been debited as well. I have email 2 omega email addresses within this 10 days but no reply or any reponse from them. Any other party I can reach for this matter?
    Thanks very much for the info.

Omega extract screen shoot.jpg
  5. Luckyl Aug 6, 2018

I just called our local OB and they are willing to check it for me.

Thanks for the info. Hope I can get it soon.

Cheers,

queriver likes this.
  6. queriver Aug 6, 2018

Contact an Omega Boutique in your country and get them to take it on for you. You have evidence of the order so email or give them a copy of it.

7. The_Walrus Aug 6, 2018

Mine took months, the original request had been lost, but due to the oversight were kind enough to forward the extract for free.

EdtheAussie likes this.
  8. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Aug 6, 2018

Moreover it's the holiday season in Switzerland... so be patient

kkt, Foo2rama and kilofinal like this.
  9. xeasygoingx Aug 6, 2018

I am currently waiting for mine. Got also a confirmation by email but it is too early getting nervous as I have requested it two weeks before.

10. WatchWalker Aug 6, 2018

Received mine two weeks ago. Waited about 6 weeks for it. Between the confirmation email from Omega that it was finished it still took 2 weeks before I got it in the mail (European address).

11. abrod520 Aug 6, 2018

Try ordering from the US - have to print out and manually fill out a form, then scan it and email it back. No confirmation, only whether your credit card is charged / something shows up way down the line.

12. Civic4982 Aug 6, 2018

I also had a tough time getting mine in early 2016 on a SM300s and it took several months as opposed to the 5-6 weeks it too this time.

I did the fax thing and they had trouble reading the writing or something.

Anyways. I called them on the number provided and they were able to work it out.

Not sure how the online thing goes. Back then for USA they said they weren’t doing archives extractions online for US customers.

13. Luckyl Aug 6, 2018

Got a good and fast responses from our local OB aka Omega Service Center. The Omega Archive has sent the document on 13th June (about 5 weeks from my order) thru International Mail Services but somehow lost in space (Maybe dropped in the Moon cos this one is 105.012-65... :D:D). There is no way to track as there is no tracking no. Looks like they use a post stamp mail system like the oldies :(. They will try to issue another document and re-send it. This time I prefer they send to our local OB and let me pick up by myself. By then they will help me track the shipment.

Cheers,

Gefa likes this.
  14. queriver Aug 6, 2018

Pity it's taken this long.
    Did you get an email from Omega around June 13th telling you they completed your Extract? The email subject is: "Your extract of the archives is done" and it looks like below. If you didn't get one, I wouldn't be certain the problem actually was with the postal service. ;)

Ext2.jpg

15. Luckyl Aug 6, 2018

Nope... I have check my mails in gmail. I know you can extract any mail from gmail even it is deleted. But no... No mail from Omega

16. repoman Aug 6, 2018

Maybe they have to wait for Raynald to get back in the office to sign them :D

17. queriver Aug 7, 2018

.... He must be on long service leave and the Museum forgot to ask him to sign a stack of blank Extracts beforehand.

18. wateveritis Aug 7, 2018

Hopefully i don't have to wait that long. I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago and I did receive the "EXTRACT FROM THE ARCHIVES - YOUR ORDER" email from omega.

19. simonsays Aug 7, 2018

I think mine are lost in the post too. Confirmed completed on the 24th July but no sign of anything in the post box.

20. agee Aug 7, 2018

Had a similar problem a few years ago
    After I contacted Omega they were very gracious and
    sent the Extract at no charge