Forums Latest Members
  1. htiek Feb 20, 2018

So I am about to purchase a Seamaster Planet Ocean titanium. Its an unworn BNIB piece.

The retailer is an online retailer with good references and feedback on Chrono24, but they are not an authorized dealer so no Omega warranty. They do offer their own store warranty.

What are your thoughts on this? Should I stay away?

Thanks

2. htiek Feb 20, 2018

The price is very attractive. Which is what drew me to this website

3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 20, 2018

Sounds like a no-brainer. I'd buy it.

htiek likes this.
  4. htiek Feb 20, 2018

They say their warranty applies only to the movement, nothing external like case or bracelet

5. kkt Feb 20, 2018

Don't expect much from the store warranty. I don't know what store you're talking about but many of them are your buddies when you're buying or if something minor goes wrong, but if it's something major suddenly stop returning calls.

htiek likes this.
  6. Bushido Feb 20, 2018

I would also take into consideration if you may trade/sell this piece in the future. No Omega warranty will take a chunk out of resale should you choose to flip it down the road.

On modern Omegas, one can typically get a very competitive price on a piece from a good seller with the OEM warranty intact. Have you price compared at all?

htiek likes this.
  7. htiek Feb 20, 2018

I do like to flip watches so resale value was a very big consideration for me. In the end, I opted out of buying it. The Omega warranty gives me peace of mind

Bushido likes this.