No etched logo on 3861 hesalite crystal

Posts
263
Likes
1,537
Hi all

I bought my speedmaster new from an OB in February, hesalite on the nylon strap.

There is no logo on the crystal. All the photos of similar watches I can find show the logo.

Anyone else have a hesalite 3861 without it?

Thanks
 
Posts
99
Likes
186
I just bought the new 3861 with hesalite last week. The etched logo was one of the first things I looked for. Without the aid of magnification I couldn't find the logo, but I could tell that sunlight was refracting differently in the center of the crystal and it appeared to be an outline of something. When I looked under a microscope I could see the logo very clearly - it was angled so the top of the Omega arc was aligned at 8 o'clock (was not positioned vertically). It appears that the logo is etched onto the inside of the crystal so you wouldn't be able to feel it with a fingernail. I just looked at mine again now using a loupe, and under the right lighting angle I can see it. Try magnifications and moving it around under good lighting and see if you can find it that way. More likely than not from what I've read, the logo will not be positioned vertically - but that just adds uniqueness and character to your Speedy.
- John (my name's not really Bob)
 
Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
The Omega logo is easy to spot, the Rolex crown far harder on their sapphire crystals.
 
Posts
214
Likes
620
It's really cool on the Hesalite.....wished they laser etched it on the sandwich, but it has the applied logo.....I believe I saw another model (Seamaster or AT) where Omega laser etched it on the sapphire...
 
Posts
1,444
Likes
2,221
It's really cool on the Hesalite.....wished they laser etched it on the sandwich, but it has the applied logo.....I believe I saw another model (Seamaster or AT) where Omega laser etched it on the sapphire...

IIRC the Trilogy models had this feature.
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,760
Not an idiot. These things can be very elusive.
 
Posts
787
Likes
6,746
You definitely need to look at it at an angle against the black dial to see it. Almost impossible to see with the naked eye against the white hands if you look at it straight on.