Forums Latest Members
  1. prostie1200 Apr 8, 2013

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Looks like a nice one :thumbsup:

3. NiklasARvid Apr 8, 2013

With a 1 feedback seller, I would need local pickup cash trade... :)

Have you google-picsearched the pictures? They may not be his?

4. prostie1200 Apr 8, 2013

Niklas

If I bid and win would payment by credit card protect me against any fakery ?

5. Emilo111 Apr 8, 2013

Wouldn't buying an item on eBay through PayPal give the buyer double protection in case the item was fraudulent? Other than risking having to way to get your case processed, wouldn't it be more or less completely safe?

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2013

Even if you have those protections, you need to take account of your tolerance for the aggro that can easily result from filing claims, documenting everything, involving the credit card company etc. It's a lot of hassle if the seller decides not to play ball & you aren't guaranteed to win every claim through Paypal or the credit card company.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 8, 2013

It is a very nice watch with relatively low start price, the only reason why nobody bid it is his 1 rating.
    Why don't you start to communicate with him by email, or even better chat/ call him. It will give assurance how sincere the seller is.
    Ask history of his purchase, why he purchased in the first place, check some of his background etc.
    If you comfortable with his answers you can submit your bid, or if it is already ended and still available, do transaction afterward.

prostie1200 and kendrick like this.
  8. prostie1200 Apr 9, 2013

Will do just as you suggest Privateday7 - thanks

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 9, 2013

You are very welcome, hope the best. Just beware of possible fraud.

10. Sherbie Apr 9, 2013

Another explanaition that i,ve seen with ebay sellers wrt Goldsmiths jewelers is the following:

A large supermarket firm in the uk (tesco) give vouchers back to customers based on money spent during the year. At Christmas time, the face value of these vouches trebles, or even quadruples for a certain period. So say you do weekly shop and buy petrol/ diesel from Tesco every week, you can quite easily save up 200-300£ of vouchers - which could become 800-1200£ when the special offer is on. Goldsmiths are a partner of Tesco, so at Xmas, our local Goldsmiths branch can take 2-3 million £ worth of these vouchers, in exchange for watches, jewelry, montblanc fountain pens etc

so in credit crunch Britain, i,ve seen loads of ebay listings of goods, just after Xmas, with a Goldsmiths reciept in the description - its a good legitimste way of families getting cash back into their bank account

no affiliation with either tesco or goldsmiths, just a happy tesco shopper who has got pens and jewelry for the misses this way - for her to keep, i should point out!

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 9, 2013

looks like we will have to do more shopping at Tesco's !

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 9, 2013

You need to shop a lot to get your dream voucher enough for JLC Reverso.

13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 9, 2013

True. It's an awful lot of doughnuts :D