Forums Latest Members

SOLD Nivada Grenchen Chronomaster Aviator Sea Diver Valjoux 23

1. Dan S Jun 24, 2018

This is an example of the popular diver-chronograph made by Croton/Nivada Grenchen. The case is all stainless and the bezel is 38.5mm in diameter, lug spacing is 20mm. The CASD models were made with a variety of different movements, and this one has the most desirable Valjoux 23 column wheel movement. Information is all over the internet, so I won't elaborate further. They are great watches, and really fun to wear. I recently acquired another one, so I'm ready to let this one go.

I purchased it in 2015 and had it serviced in early 2016. I've included a photo of the claim check from the watchmaker (which has no year written on it), and you can also see the "16" date inside the caseback next to the "RMTZ" initials of the watchmaker. As you can see, at the time of the service, he replaced the mainspring, a wheel with a broken tooth, and he installed a signed crown. Since 2016, the watch has been worn sparingly as part of a large rotation. The watch is keeping very good time. I timed it for one day, dial up, and it ran about 5s fast.

The condition is illustrated by the photos, but here are the issues that I observed. There is some wear to the outer edge of the bezel insert, the case has been polished in the past (but still retains the original bevels/chamfers on the lugs), and the hands have presumably been re-lumed. I believe that everything is original (except the crown as described above). I will include your choice of the three straps shown in the photo. Overall, this is an attractive, recently serviced, ready-to-wear CASD with a Valjoux 23 movement.

Taking all the above into account, I looked at recent sales and tried to price this fairly. I'm asking $1,300 USD by PayPal goods and services. That includes insured Priority Mail shipping within the US, which would be my preference for convenience reasons. Other types of payment and/or shipping are, of course, negotiable. The watch and I are in the US. I'll offer a 3-day inspection period.

I have sold one watch previously on OF:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/dan-s-is-a-great-seller.78044/

I will also make the following offer. Because of my job/profession I have a significant public web presence. If you want to buy the watch, especially if you're a regular OF participant, introduce yourself in a private message, and ask me to identify myself. I will give you my full name and employer, and you can Google me. You will easily identify me and my work email. You can make payment to a PayPal account associated with the same email address.

I've included a lot of photos, indoors and out to highlight any flaws, so hopefully I got everything, but let me know if I missed something that you want to see.

ng1.jpg ng1a.jpg ng1b.jpg ng2.jpg ng2a.jpg ng3.jpg ng4.jpg ng7.jpg ng9.jpg ng10.jpg ng11.jpg ng13.jpg ng14.jpg ng15.jpg ng16.jpg ng17jpg.jpg

Edited Jun 27, 2018
  2. Dan S Jun 26, 2018

Still available.

3. Dan S Jun 27, 2018

Edited to indicate that I timed the watch and it's keeping excellent time (better than +5s/day). FYI, I'll be camping over the weekend, so I won't be checking the internet Fri-Sun (June 29 - July 1).

4. Dan S Jul 1, 2018

Back from my camping trip.

5. Dan S Jul 10, 2018

Bump.

6. Dan S Jul 16, 2018

Now sold. Thanks Nick and OF.