Forums Latest Members
  1. kuma-kun Oct 28, 2017

As I do not have much knowledge about Swiss watches and UG watches so I was thinking this is the place to get some opinions about my watch I bought recently.
    I was offered this and bought it without thinking much as it is an completely lovely watch, nice size also.
    To me it looks like rather original and not used much or at least not abused.
    But one thing that confuses me is the chronograph second hand do not have any lume.
    The color and gloss is an perfect match to the other black hands but after searching the www I have never seen it.
    Please give me your opinion of the originality and such as I most likely will pass it on after enjoying it for a short while.
    Pics taken with my phone so not the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bd-chrono Oct 28, 2017

Super nice watch that I would love to own. Please let me know if you want to sell it.
    As for the chronograph second hand, I have only seen this hand with lume.

3. kuma-kun Oct 28, 2017

I also have seen this watch with all hands lumed but on other hand the watch do not feel like an watch cobbled together.
    It confuses me.

4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 28, 2017

I have to ask why you would buy such an expensive watch without researching this prior to purchasing?

5. kuma-kun Oct 28, 2017

I trusted the person who I have bought many watches from and he asked for a very reasonable price.
    If there was something completely wrong with the watch I can always give it back and get the money back.

6. Overgrower Oct 29, 2017

Wow what a great example, congratulations. Let me know as well if you decide to sell.

7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 29, 2017

Before this thread goes down the "low post count newbie guy trying to sell without permission"-road I would like to adress this.

I hereby vouch for Kuma not being one of those guys.

He has forgotten more about watches than most of us remember... albeit from brands not in the focus of OF.

Stand up guy.

8. ELV web Oct 29, 2017

@kuma-kun dibs, I believe I should be the first in line (given no one has shouted “dibs” here). Please let me know once you are done enjoying it. It is a lovely watch indeed.

Eric

9. kuma-kun Oct 29, 2017

Thanks Styggepygge.
    I hope i have not broken any rules, written or unwritten.
    Back to the question, for example have anyone seen that second hand?

10. ELV web Oct 29, 2017

Photos from a recent ebay sale. I have always thought that the minute and hour hands are silver (seems the one in this thread is painted black). Central second hand is blue steel? I never own this reference though but have looked at quite a number of them in photos. The silver hands from certain angles look black.

Or is it that they are all blue steel in kuma-kun’s?

Edit: Diabolik answered all of this below, he has been playing around with the Niña so much, even crafting the sub dial hands with the inner lume himself....

B26518B2-7FF3-4168-A09E-38875BC4FF4E.png 911EFEF9-6BDC-44F3-A342-D91E166E274A.png
    Edited Oct 29, 2017
  11. Diabolik Oct 29, 2017

Early ninas (with applied logo) are often seen with steel hands while later ones (printed logo) may have steel or black hands. Very late ones usually have black hands. The are no hard set rules and I suppose availability at UG service centre may have had some influence on what was used (steel, black, wide register hands or stick).

I have seen the chrono sweep hand with lume and without. Usually, the lume-less chrono sweep is present on the nina and evil nina medico version which has a pulse bezel (pretty rare) as opposed to the standard tachy . I suppose if it went in for a service or repair, they may have picked whatever was available at the time which would not have been much after the 70s. Nice watch is very good condition. Not cobbled together in my eyes. Serial and reference perfectly visible and match the type ...

Don't give it back! Keep it and wear it. If you don't want to hold it, i will go on the dibs queue ...

GuiltyBoomerang, TNTwatch and ELV web like this.
  12. kuma-kun Oct 29, 2017

Thank you Diabolik for informative response.
    I will not give it back as I often fool myself when buying a watch by thinking I can give it back or sell it and then I like it so much I keep it and it have happened several times.
    Probably a way to justify the (unnecessary) buy.
    I mainly collect Japanese watches but from time to time I stray away when I stumble over something fun or interesting.

Fredrik (Swe) likes this.
  13. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 29, 2017

NOt at all a bad "stray" in this case

14. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 29, 2017

Well, he didnt lead you astray...its an exceptional example. Rarely do you see them in this condition. Congrats!

15. Dial & Bezel Oct 30, 2017

Lovely example and excellent condition. I would recommend keeping it. :)

16. Mazoue Oct 30, 2017

Almost as good as it gets in my opinion. Thanks for posting.

17. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 30, 2017

Absolutely remarkable Nina. One of the best I've seen...ever. If you let go of it, you'll be flooded with offers.

These are beautiful chronos ;)
    IMG_0058.jpg

ELV web, GuiltyBoomerang and 10H10 like this.
  18. JamesL1680 Oct 31, 2017

absolute stunner. i'll officially add my name to the 'dibs' list! no shame in my game.

19. jhross98 Oct 31, 2017

i am aware of several version of hands.. .curious what people have to say about the correct crown. i have seen some with the ug crown and some with a big winding crown no mark on it. i am told both are correct but it is hard to confirm. . .

20. bimbim1207 Nov 1, 2017

I have the same thought initially but then hey, we don't know how much he's paid for it, haha.

@kuma-kun dibs, lovely watch! wear it in good health!