Forums Latest Members

Nice rubber strap for Seamaster

1. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 25, 2016

This one is pretty spiffy, in my opinion. Hirsch Urbane. Oddly not sold in the US, I got it from

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p26090h795s1463-Watch-strap-Urbane-2.html

Also available in 22mm.

I especially like this for my Seamaster 300, because when that watch was current, 20mm straps more often used 16mm buckles.

Nice features about this strap, it is quite soft, which means comfortable. It is concave on its backside, also for greater comfort. It has lots of holes! Straps with few, widely spaced holes never fit anyone well.

Price is up there a bit, but you get Hirsch quality. I exchanged the supplied buckle for a modern Omega 16mm stainless buckle. I had a vintage buckle but it just didn't look right nor fit as well.

All in all, a win!

Tom

IMG_0454.jpg IMG_0455.jpg IMG_0456.jpg

rollingrevolver likes this.
  2. Cosd Mar 27, 2016

That let shot looks like it's cutting off your blood supply!

3. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 28, 2016

I got that impression from the first image. I HATE having my watch too tight. Looser is better. A couple dabs of water around the wrist and it'll stay locked in for hours.

4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 28, 2016

The strap is actually quite loose. After decades of watches on bracelets, I have permanent grooves on my wrist.

One question I would like answered, why do they continue to make straps flat instead of molding a curve in?

Tom