News flash…Leather is waterproof.

Posts
6,456
Likes
21,962
This is the same applied logic my friends father had when said friend told him he was going vegetarian: Cows are vegetarian…soo….

"You can't be a vegetarian. You're as strong as an ox!"

"What do you think oxes eat?"
 
Posts
5,098
Likes
15,789

That’s some wet looking leather there son! That inside water on the outside (aka sweating/leaking, which cows and goats do too I’m sure)? Lemme guess…it’s rated to 30m (like my Speedmaster)…or is that the result of the same force (aka ‘dynamic pressure’) that makes speedmasters leak when moving one’s arms underwater…




::stirthepot::
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
Did the waterproof cow Gore Tex?
::rimshot::

Gets hat and leaves.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,103
This is the same applied logic my friends father had when said friend told him he was going vegetarian: Cows are vegetarian…soo….

My tag line on a knife forum….
At the bottom of the post/picture below
 
Posts
2,583
Likes
3,869
It's actually legit science that dates back to the 18th century, known as Lavoisier's law of conservation: if A transforms B then B is not A-proof and A not B-proof
Oh quit throwing logic into the mix, that will not be tolerated or accepted.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Not quite. Leather changes the composition and structure of water. Gold doesn't. Gold is waterproof. Leather is not. For the record, cows are not waterproof either.

It's actually legit science that dates back to the 18th century, known as Lavoisier's law of conservation: if A transforms B then B is not A-proof and A not B-proof

I was just being cheeky and you went and got all intellectual on me 👎
 
Posts
1,143
Likes
3,112
Not quite. Leather changes the composition and structure of water. Gold doesn't. Gold is waterproof. Leather is not. For the record, cows are not waterproof either.

It's actually legit science that dates back to the 18th century, known as Lavoisier's law of conservation: if A transforms B then B is not A-proof and A not B-proof


😀
 
Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
Leather saddles on horses, leather hats, bags whatever. Leather is waterproof…….
Yeah, that is why leather is the choice for sailors worldwide… oh wait…

Anyhow, I can’t believe we have gotten this far without a Seinfeld reference, from “The Jacket” episode

Jerry Seinfeld : I had a leather jacket that got ruined. Now, why does moisture ruin leather? I don't get this. Aren't cows outside most of the time? I don't understand this. When it's raining, do cows go up to the farmhouse, "Let us in. We're all wearing leather! Open the door. We're going to ruin the whole outfit here!" "Is it suede? I am suede. The whole thing is suede. I can't have this cleaned. It's all I've got."
 
Posts
5,098
Likes
15,789
I still say cows are waterproof coz their leather is hairy and has steak on the inside.

The only way this dispute will ever be settled is by arm wrestling…
 
Posts
88
Likes
236
If you want your leather to last, don’t get it wet.

Sometimes you just can’t save everyone from themselves, so do as you wish.
 
Posts
6,413
Likes
31,473
I still say cows are waterproof coz their leather is hairy and has steak on the inside.

The only way this dispute will ever be settled is by arm wrestling…

😗

 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,103
I still say cows are waterproof coz their leather is hairy and has steak on the inside.

The only way this dispute will ever be settled is by arm wrestling…


😗



😁😁

You just got Twitted 😉
 
Posts
5,292
Likes
53,713
My tag line on a knife forum….
At the bottom of the post/picture below

Is that RoHS compliant? 😁
 
Posts
786
Likes
2,472
A 100% waterproof vintage leather strap (no name on it)😁
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
A 100% waterproof vintage leather strap (no name on it)😁
The strap may be, but I wouldn’t bank on the watch being 100% waterproof anymore.
 
Posts
5,098
Likes
15,789
I still say cows are waterproof coz their leather is hairy and has steak on the inside.

The only way this dispute will ever be settled is by arm wrestling…


😗


😁😁

You just got Twitted 😉

Another dispute-settling-way (and I wonder why God invented this) … is Turkish Oil Wrestling … and if one does a Google image search one will see how this is relevant to this thread (in multi dimensions but most importantly) : wet looking leather 😗

Disclaimer : it’s thanks to an Turkish-ex-colleague that I know of this sport (and has been a topic of much jest and twitting)
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
The strap may be, but I wouldn’t bank on the watch being 100% waterproof anymore.

Resistant, @JwRosenthal RESISTANT!
😉

Do you have an example of high resistance in your collection, perhaps you could add a pic??
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Resistant, @JwRosenthal RESISTANT!
😉

Do you have an example of high resistance in your collection, perhaps you could add a pic??
Well, it depends on the activity now doesn’t it 😗