Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr.Z Dec 12, 2018

Hello,
    My son is really into watches and I was able to recently aquire this vintage Omega for him. I was told that it is from the 1950's, but after much searching can't quite find the exact model. We are interested in selling the watch if it allows him to buy more watches:) Any help that you can all provide would be very much appreciated. (like where to sell and how much to ask...etc.)

IMG_6630.jpg IMG_6631.jpg
  2. kaisiang098 Dec 12, 2018

You can have a watch maker open the caseback for you and you’ll be able to obtain most of the information you need.

But the dial has been badly refurbished which greatly diminishes its value.

Syrte likes this.
  3. Mr.Z Dec 12, 2018

What a bummer to hear...we will try to see about opening the watch and getting some photos.

4. GuiltyBoomerang Dec 12, 2018

Automatic sub seconds would suggest a bumper movement...
    It really depends on the experience and what you and your son like. If it were me, I'd keep it as a reminder of your first foray together into vintage watches ^^

5. Mr.Z Dec 12, 2018

Any idea on the value without the back being open? Or the model?

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 12, 2018

To a collector, little to no value. Not without the back being opened.

7. Mr.Z Dec 12, 2018

Ok...that will be our next step. Is it something that we could do on our own?

8. bucksandreds Dec 12, 2018

I’m a newbie myself, but it appears that the writing on the dial has been redone and poorly. This site has posts that describe these as being very low value. Probably would be cool to wear around (I don’t own any Omegas so I would wear it) but not much value on the market.

9. Snowman Dec 12, 2018

It looks like you just paid your newbie tax
    I think it happens to most of us at sometime
    learn from the experience
    Keep the watch as a reminder
    Lots of good people and knowledge on this forum
    To help and assist you so you will make your next purchase with some confidence

10. Mr.Z Dec 12, 2018

Well we didn't pay much for it so I'm not concerned about that...but would like to know more about it, like the year the model# etc. But it sounds like we will have to remove the back to get that info.

11. KingCrouchy Dec 12, 2018

You can see it’s a redial, because on the sub second the pattern got covered with paint. Watch has probably little value max 300$, but no collector would ever buy it.