Forums Latest Members
  1. KiwiRob Oct 5, 2020

Hi, names Rob, I come from New Zealand but have been living in Norway since 2006.

I would have a few more watches but I got married, had 3, kids, a dog, two cats and a mortgage and sadly only have two Seamasters.

My first purchase was a Seamaster Professional in 1999, I will never part with this watch, it has great sentimental value.

IMG_4617.jpg

My second is an Aqua Terra which my wife bought for me in 2004 as an engagement present.

IMG_4618.jpg

So that's me.

Edited Oct 5, 2020
    Stewart A, rob#1, Spruce and 6 others like this.
  2. Enzo Oct 5, 2020

Welcome Rob,
    two lovely watches :thumbsup:
    Hope you enjoy your stay on this cool forum :cool:

KiwiRob likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Oct 5, 2020

Welcome Rob. You need to be advised that we are a bunch of enablers here. We will help you find every justification to buy new watches, even fun vintage cheap watches (some here even suggest methods of sneaking them into the house- tisk, tisk)- so if you have any plans to send your kids to university, you may want to run as fast as you can.

4. KiwiRob Oct 5, 2020

Luckily for me university in Norway is free, however the wife is not.

I've replaced the bezel twice on the SMP, I was wondering if there is an option to fit the ceramic bezel from the newer models on mine?

Spruce, riimar and JwRosenthal like this.
  5. JwRosenthal Oct 5, 2020

Well alrighty then! Head on over to the For Sale section and let's burn through that retirement account! :thumbsup:

KiwiRob likes this.
  6. riimar Oct 5, 2020

Welcome Rob and nice seamasters.

About the bezel the ceramic ones are a lot taller so original would not fit. Maybe there are some after markets, but I would never put one on mine.
    I have planet ocean with aluminium bezel and newer with ceramic. I prefer the old ones, even though ceramic are better in any way.

May I ask how you ended up in north pole and which part?

7. KiwiRob Oct 5, 2020

Like a lot of Kiwis do I went to London in my early 20's, a friend of mine married a Norwegian, I went to Norway to visit them, met my friends wife's best friend, married her, she moved to NZ, and in 2006 we decided to make the move to Norway. Are you also in Norway? I live just outside of Molde.

8. riimar Oct 5, 2020

Thanks for sharing!
    I sent you PM