Newbie saying hello

Hi all. I collect watches, yesterday I bought my first upper level watch, it was a pre-owned Omega seamaster professional with the co Axi chronometer. It has a solid back with the seahorse emblem on it. I had the watch verified by a watch technician. He assured me it was real. The only thing is that the watch makes noise makes a ticking sound. All the post that I've read online say that Omega seamaster shouldn't make any sound, and if it does, it's more than likely a fake. But I checked all the details on the watch and they all match the original, and the watch tech took it apart and verified. Was a real Omega, so I'm wondering if anybody has had this problem before. Could it be that the watch need servicing? Thanks for all help. I may get in advance, and thank you for letting me join your site. Thanks all and have a great night

Perhaps you’re referring to quartz watches which are known to loudly tick once per second? A mechanical watch will tick quieter many times per second but you can still hear it ticking away. Omega does make both types. Do you have pictures of the watch?

Perhaps you’re referring to quartz watches which are known to loudly tick once per second? A mechanical watch will tick quieter many times per second but you can still hear it ticking away. Omega does make both types. Do you have pictures of the watch?
If it is a coaxial diver boy do I hope it is not beating once per second with quartz movement!

Is it possible this is related to the earlier coaxial movement issues?

Is it possible the noise is related to the winding rotor?

Is it possible that it is, in fact, the OP is incorrect and it IS indeed a SMP Quartz?

EDIT: but then it wouldn't be black or labelled coaxial.

🤔
Edited:

If it is a coaxial diver boy do I hope it is not beating once per second with quartz movement!
True. I was referring to whatever the OP was reading online saying real watches don’t tick. A lot of that type of stuff from what I’ve seen comes from the generalization that a tell for a fake Rolex is if it ticks and real Rolex hands sweep. Which is kinda true. Although even Rolex did make a quartz watch once upon a time.

True. I was referring to whatever the OP was reading online saying real watches don’t tick. A lot of that type of stuff from what I’ve seen comes from the generalization that a tell for a fake Rolex is if it ticks and real Rolex hands sweep. Which is kinda true. Although even Rolex did make a quartz watch once upon a time.

A great point, I was thinking linearly there about the ramifications of what you said, I apologize if it read as disagreement.

No worries @ErichPryde I didn’t take it as disagreement. Just wanted to clarify my comment.

Either way, watches do indeed tick… and the OPs watchmaker verified the watch was authentic. I don’t think there is any problem with the watch.

it's definitely an automatic professional seamaster with the co axis chronometer. It doesn't tick loud, it's just that I read that Sea Masters don't make any sound as the hand sweeps instead of ticks.
It
Screenshot_20230222-201303.png Screenshot_20230222-201303.png Screenshot_20230222-201303.png

Here is a pic. Only mine doesn't have the blue waves in the dial Screenshot_20230222-201303.png

It's exactly like the one in the photo. And yes, I know the difference between an automatic and a quartz

Anyone saying that a Seamaster is completely silent and does not tick is incorrect. All mechanical watches will make an audible ticking sound. Some louder than others. Usually you need to put the watch pretty close to your ear to hear it. Omega even has audio of their watches ticking on their website. Sounds like you have a previous generation watch but here is a link to the latest Seamaster. Scroll down on this page and click the audio icon to hear it ticking.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21030422001001

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 9.18.23 PM.png