Forums Latest Members
  1. andrewlaeddis32 Jan 20, 2021

Hello to all,
    There looks like a vast number of people with lots of insight. I'm hoping to learn a lot on OF and also have a few laughs too. Don't know what else to say, other than that I'm starting my timepiece journey. I've had my eye on a few OMEGA Speedmaster Chronograph Reduced Automatic Watch 3510.50 Cal.1140. On different listings of that piece, the bracelet looks different on each one of them. Could it be the background of the listing picture? Or maybe I'm going blind? maybe both? How common is it to replace the timepiece with a bracelet that isn't OEM specifications? Anyhow, I really like that piece and just want to make sure I buy the real McCoy.
    Best
    Andrew

sonc likes this.
  2. Rodentman Jan 20, 2021

I give you a laurel and hearty welcome to the forum!

andrewlaeddis32 likes this.
  3. MtnMarine Jan 20, 2021

I think the bracelet should be the 1469 with 811 end links. But someone with more knowledge can correct me if I’m wrong.

and welcome!!!!

4. andrewlaeddis32 Jan 20, 2021

It's a pleasure to meet you!

5. andrewlaeddis32 Jan 20, 2021

Thanks! given some pictures I've been viewing on the 1469-811 links, it definitely looks genuine or ''official''. Some of the other bracelets on models of different listings looked somewhat indefinite. However, I'm still ignorant of what's original or not.

6. JohnRaz Jan 25, 2021

Welcome and good luck in your time piece journey :)

7. andrewlaeddis32 Jan 25, 2021

Thank you! nice to meet you

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 25, 2021

Welcome

Tell us why the reduced and not the Moonwatch .

Many have started with the reduced but gravitated to the Moonwatch, it could save you a step going straight to the watch that is most collected and talked about here. We are here to help and myself I wish I had asked and listened a lot more starting out and saved a few $$s

9. andrewlaeddis32 Jan 25, 2021

You know up until a couple of days ago, I thought they were the same model. I was studying the details on the Speedmaster reduced and the Moonwatch unknowingly. I thought I might have been looking at a fake reduced because a few things threw me off. For starters, The left-center subdial on the left is numbered 30,20, and 10. The right-center subdial numbered 60, 40, and 20. Well as you know the subdials are positioned the other way about on the Moonwatch. The 60, 40, and 20 are on the right-center subdial and the 30,20, and 10 are on the left-center subdial on the Moonwatch. It was then I realized it wasn't a fake reduced but the original and more desired model the Moonwatch.
    I realized there are differences between the two models like the case size being 42mm unlike the reduced 38. 5 mm. To answer your question though, I know I went on a ramble there, Given that the Reduced was discontinued I see that it's rare to find a timepiece that's in the near-mint condition. I imagine the polishing and whatnot would be costly to get it into near-mint condition. I do like the more compact case size though. I'd like to start on the affordable end of the spectrum to get my feet wet. If I find a Reduced model that can be brought back to life I'll go with that. Soon thereafter I'll trade it up to get a Moonwatch. What else would you say makes the two models differ from each other? Did you go straight to the Moonwatch or the reduced?

Edited Jan 25, 2021
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 25, 2021

Buying a reduced is going to be cheaper. But once you work out buying, servicing and selling your wasting money.
    If eventually you want to trade up to a Moonwatch I would save up and start there.

I started with a Moonwatch.

Many will mention the modular chronograph of a reduced is a lot more expensive to service. They actually usually swap out the module for a recently serviced one and recycle that way so the module may be from another watch. (Depending on where you have it serviced)

11. andrewlaeddis32 Jan 26, 2021

That sounds about right. By the time I'm through with the buying, servicing, and selling I'm probably going to be in the spending range of the Moonwatch. I might as well buy the latter instead. The Moonwatch model that is. How was the Moonwatch when you bought it condition wise?