Forums Latest Members
  1. jedichurn Dec 14, 2016

Hi all,
    Just started collecting watches, think it might be a mid life crisis. :rolleyes:Just one quick question, I'm in japan right now at a pawn shop and I see a 105.002 with alpha hands. The dealer claims everything is original but he did changed the beZel not dot 90. I noticed the dial said SWISS MADE with a T. Is that a service dial? Thanks!

Forgot to take pics, I will go back in the next few days to take some pics.

Edited Dec 14, 2016
  2. Davidt Dec 14, 2016

Can't say a great deal without pics.

Obviously it should have a DoN bezel, which is now into the thousands to replace.

Also, a .002 dial should not have T's. Could be a dial from a .003 or a later service dial. Is the logo applied, long markers, non professional?

3. cvrle1 Dec 14, 2016

4. jedichurn Dec 14, 2016

Wow thanks for the quick replies. The funny part I don't remember seeing the T. I left my email with him and he later send me some pics. Then when I zoomed in I saw what looks like a T. I will try to upload them when I get a better wifi connection.

5. BlueBoy Dec 15, 2016

Pics will probably clear this question up in a jiffy

6. jedichurn Dec 15, 2016

Went back today. The watch is now on hold so he wouldn't let me take any pics.

I just asked him a few questions and some he volunteer to tell me without asking.

1) the dial, why does it say T SWISS MADE T? He said he is not certain, he thinks he a transition one between the second and third model version of 105.002. He said this one he thinks is between. The first one is just SWISS MADE. The second one is T SWISS MADE and the third is T SWISS MADE T. I forgot to ask for the serial number.

2) dial has been relumed

3) bracelet and bezel not original.

4) the hands he thinks they may be original.

Anyway below are the pics he sent me. IMG_4113.PNG IMG_4114.PNG IMG_4115.PNG IMG_4116.PNG IMG_4117.PNG IMG_4035.PNG

7. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 15, 2016

AFAIK, there is no transitional dial for the 105.002. The correct dial is the same as was used starting with the 2998-3 and it has not TTs. The dial in the OP watch appears to be from the later 105.003 Ed White. The bezel is incorrect as well. Your are looking at approximately $4k to $6k to correct these 2 issues. Although the the Ed White dial is nice and can be sold to reduce your costs. Personally, I would keep looking

8. jedichurn Dec 15, 2016

Thanks, at least I learn something