Newbie, new buy 2852 7SC pics

Posts
18
Likes
35
Less waffle more pics. Would like your thoughts please. Overall I really like the watch. What’s not to like, pink on black and in steel. Although the end links (570) do not appear to be correct for the case, I’m undecided as to whether it suits a bracelet at all? A couple of things my eye are drawn to, a scratch just before 2 o’ clock, which is annoying, constellation and waterproof are all but polished away and the bloom on the fine font, minutes and cross hair.
 
Posts
8,134
Likes
36,640
In one way you've done really, really well, scoring as your first Omega an original black pie-pan with rose gold arrowhead furniture....there are some of us searching years, maybe decades for this particularly rare combination.

But, on the other hand the condition of both the dial and movement leaves a lot to be desired....and it's the dial that should be the star of the show here.

So I'm finding it hard to congratulate you with too much enthusiasm as this is a watch that will also never quite be 'the one' ....and unfortunately you could likely spend the next 10 years trying to find a better example.
 
Posts
18
Likes
35
In one way you've done really, really well, scoring as your first Omega an original black pie-pan with rose gold arrowhead furniture....there are some of us searching years, maybe decades for this particularly rare combination.

But, on the other hand the condition of both the dial and movement leaves a lot to be desired....and it's the dial that should be the star of the show here.

So I'm finding it hard to congratulate you with too much enthusiasm as this is a watch that will also never quite be 'the one' ....and unfortunately you could likely spend the next 10 years trying to find a better exampl

In one way you've done really, really well, scoring as your first Omega an original black pie-pan with rose gold arrowhead furniture....there are some of us searching years, maybe decades for this particularly rare combination.

But, on the other hand the condition of both the dial and movement leaves a lot to be desired....and it's the dial that should be the star of the show here.

So I'm finding it hard to congratulate you with too much enthusiasm as this is a watch that will also never quite be 'the one' ....and unfortunately you could likely spend the next 10 years trying to find a better example.
It’s good from far, buts it’s far from good, which is a crying shame. I hadn’t realised how uncommon it really was until later and when I realised the gold was pink, rather than yellow.
It is my first and although quite pleased, really, truthfully, I wish fate had dealt me different cards, like an not so uncommon black hobnail seamaster or such, and left one of you guys to find this watch but in much better condition. It’s like a waste of a find almost. The damage to the gilding beneath did leave me to wonder, if what caused this also did damage to the movement. But I am a complete novice and all I could see were the cracks, scratches and the ham fisted witness marks on screw heads.
I now need to think on my next moves. I’d like to think I could brighten the fine details. But I don’t want to add anything as such. I’m stumped as to what the movement requires though, apart from what I mentioned. Thank you.
 
Posts
8,817
Likes
62,457
Very harshly cleaned several times both inside and out.....such a shame
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
The condition is too far gone for me, personally, but it's an uncommon variant. Hopefully the dial won't further degrade too quickly, but the damage to the lacquer is pretty significant, and you might have some flaking in the future.
 
Posts
1,179
Likes
1,760
Nice find! I guess this is one of those pieces that separate collectors from enthusiasts. I'd be happy to wear that!
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,225
There is some for everyone. At the end it’s also a matter of price point. So don’t overthink it, it’s in your hands now, and rather than speeding 10 years finding a better example, spend 10 years enjoying this one !

We all know the drill. Buy one, then two, then ten…
 
Posts
3,603
Likes
7,821
I wouldnt try to further clean or swab or anything to the dial looks like that has been tried over the text with poor results and you would likely make it even worse
Im sure the watch will look much better on the wrist no reason not to wear and enjoy it. I would go with a slightly distressed black leather

 
Posts
11,003
Likes
54,945
Ya it’s cool not a museum piece but who is. Just enjoy it for what it is. Wear it with a smile
 
Posts
245
Likes
197
Wear it and move on. Enjoy the watch and keep looking for the next one.
 
Posts
1,016
Likes
4,100
Congratulations on your discovery.

My pinkgold case and pinkgold hour markers watch says hi.

 
Posts
18
Likes
35

There is some for everyone. At the end it’s also a matter of price point. So don’t overthink it, it’s in your hands now, and rather than speeding 10 years finding a better example, spend 10 years enjoying this one !

We all know the drill. Buy one, then two, then ten…

I wouldnt try to further clean or swab or anything to the dial looks like that has been tried over the text with poor results and you would likely make it even worse
Im sure the watch will look much better on the wrist no reason not to wear and enjoy it. I would go with a slightly distressed black leather

Distressed leather would suit it very much. It definitely looks better on the wrist and I tried to find the most critical lighting possible for the forum shots.
 
Posts
18
Likes
35
Congratulations on your discovery.

My pinkgold case and pinkgold hour markers watch says hi.

Thanks, very nice indeed!
 
Posts
18
Likes
35
Wear it and move on. Enjoy the watch and keep looking for the next one.
I’m chuffed to bits on my first find. Well, I had a couple of choices from online sites that were quickly dismissed after some money saving advice from a forum member and IG sensation.
It was fate too, as I wasn’t quite ready and I couldn’t wrangle things financially for the watch I wanted. It was whilst trawling through images that I followed the breadcrumbs to this and took the bait
 
Posts
18
Likes
35
Distressed leather would suit it very much. It definitely looks better on the wrist and I tried to find the most critical lighting possible for the forum shots.

There is some for everyone. At the end it’s also a matter of price point. So don’t overthink it, it’s in your hands now, and rather than speeding 10 years finding a better example, spend 10 years enjoying this one !

We all know the drill. Buy one, then two, then ten…
wise words. You are correct, this will not be my only Omega. I’d like to think they will one day outnumber my pants, even if they look just as tired 😂