Forums Latest Members

Newbie in need of opinions

1. Diburri Aug 31, 2017

I just recently discovered my obsession with watches and was hoping for some assistance. I found a deal that seems too good to be true.
    It's a '63 Omega speedmaster link included below. Looks redone to some extent which I don't mind as long as the movement is good. I love the look of it, but something still seems fishy. Y'all want to take a look and tell me what you think?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/sa...166-012-calendar-4521979.html#/topics/4521979

(P.s. my mobile won't allow me to add photos for some reason, so here is the link.)

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Aug 31, 2017

I'm no expert, but certain things I can see:-

The movement looks tired and dirty

There appears to be a loss of plating on at least one of the lugs (could be a reflection)

The photos don't show detail of the "microblistering"

It is sold "As It Is" and the seller (possibly intentionally) makes no mention or gives no warranty as to timekeeping/accuracy.

As to price, Ebay will give some indication as to what the asking and sold prices are for calibre 562 models.

Hope this helps

Diburri likes this.
  3. Diburri Aug 31, 2017

Thanks, I've contacted him and he said he doesn't do returns. (No returns) + (worn out movement) + (sold as is) = red flag in my mind.

4. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Aug 31, 2017

The movement in question is not even average, let alone good. The parts should have a uniform color, which should be the color of a shiny new penny. This movement is mismatched in color and shows lots of wear. It might work perfectly well, but that would not be a safe bet. Add that to the other issues @Mouse_at_Large pointed out and this watch is not worth the asking price.

Diburri likes this.
  5. Rodsch Aug 31, 2017

Have a look at ebay. There should be many calibre 562 models.

Diburri likes this.
  6. Diburri Aug 31, 2017

I'll have to give that a look. Thanks!

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 31, 2017

Tired movement, tired dial, polished to death case and nothing special about this model to begin with.

We all have to start somewhere, but don't start with this one.

PASS.