Forums Latest Members
  1. Jtshaw474 Mar 13, 2017

I think I am suffering from the curse of too much research and lack of confidence! I have been looking to purchase an Omega Seamaster 300 Chronograph for about 3-4 years now. Specifically I am looking at the blue face/bezel model because it reminds me of my father's Seiko he had when I was growing up. I am a teacher living on a teacher's salary so the grey market has been enticing my ever frugal and limited budget mind. I have read the debates on here about the grey market and if it is worth it and for the most part, it seems people are 50/50. I have found a watch from Jomashop watches ($3700), I'll include the link, that looks close to my budget. I priced the same watch at a local Jared (my official local Omega Authorized retailer) and after taxes and the offered extra warranty the watch is about $6,300. (I did go into Jared to try the 41.5mm on and it fit like a glove!) I have already sent an email to Jomashop asking about the red warranty cards, original boxes, if they actually have the watch on location or if they are 3rd party sellers. I want the newer model (ceramic bezel) because I favor that face over the older version. SO.....I am looking for feedback about the sellers Jomashop and if anyone has had any experience with this company. I have looked them up through BBB and they have about a 52% positive 48% negative rating. In all of the complaints, I could not find one that specifically stated that Jomashop sold a buyer a "fake" watch. There are some about people getting watches and a few days latter they start having issues with the watch. So any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
    Jonathan
    http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-212-30-42-50-03-001.html

blacktiger likes this.
  2. jroam82 Mar 13, 2017

Jomashop are legit - well, as legit as a grey market seller can be. You get no Omega warranty and as such need to go through them with warranty claims (which is where the nightmare stories tend to start). If you're saving enough that if something goes wrong, you can just pay to send it to Omega, then it's not a bad deal.

There are a few forum favourites that can source watches with Omega warranty for not much more than Jomashop - though I'll leave it to others to chime in for them (I've not used them so can't vouch one way or the other).

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 13, 2017

4. ohmzx Mar 13, 2017

Joma is ligit. So as Authtenticwatches.com i bought mine from there. However, you should call them to ask them to give you some discount. Sometime they give you 3-5% off if you pay by cash or wire. Don't forget to look into the Planet ocean. I love mine so much. :)

5. Jtshaw474 Mar 13, 2017

6. BAJJ Mar 17, 2017

Try https://www.montredo.com/en/ , you will get a manufacturers warranty with them, I bought a 300 diver without issue. They did not have the model i wanted but after emails they sourced one for me. good service.

7. b-16707 Mar 17, 2017

Contact @demollo

8. Jtshaw474 Mar 17, 2017

I am very thankful I joined the forum! I think this place offers the best options for getting my watch. I have been in contact with demollo and all of the other suggestions look far more better than Jomashop. I am about 3 to 6 months from purchasing the watch as I still saving up. Thank you everyone for all of the great suggestions! (And keep them coming too)

mikechi22 likes this.
  9. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 17, 2017

Do you know that you could get a vintage seiko chronograph just like your father had in excellent condition for a fraction of the prize.

10. Jtshaw474 Sep 25, 2017

They have the watch that I want. Are you in USA? I am trying to figure out how much in customs (if any) I will have to pay if I buy a watch through them and have it shipped to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

11. panic k. Sep 25, 2017

Bought my wife a Mondaine watch once from Jomashop. Shipping to the EU (Cyprus) was fast. no problems with them whatsoever.

12. Shailor Sep 25, 2017