Forums Latest Members
  1. 13x Apr 29, 2016

Hi there

After 25 years of G Shocks (and an SKX007) I have taken ownership of a brand new Seamaster Diver 300m courtesy of my new wife for a wedding present.

The watch has been worn daily from around 0730 to 2100 every day since I received it. However I removed the watch at 1830 yesterday and by 0230 (8hrs later) it had stopped.

As a test I wound the watch for 4 mins and left it on my table - it stopped 11 hrs later. I also performed the test at the same time with my SKX007 and that stopped 10.75 hrs later.

Both watches cannot be faulty, but then again 4 mins of winding should make them fully wound. Or am I missing something?

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks

2. Mr Bing Apr 29, 2016

New models have a power reserve of 48 hours. If you're only getting 11 hours on a full wind there is obviously a problem.

If it's brand new you should have a four year warranty, presuming it was purchased at AD or OB. If it's an online purchase I'd contact the seller.

3. ulackfocus Apr 29, 2016

Go back to the dealer and ask them. Either you aren't winding it enough or there's a problem.

ps - you can't handwind a Seiko SKX007. That particular caliber only winds via the rotor.

4. Canuck Apr 29, 2016

Welcome,

With both watches behaving that way, I feel compelled to ask if you were normally active during the test trials. On the wrist of someone encountering some down time due to illness, this problem is not unheard of. However, the manual winding should solve the problem with the Omega. I suspect your Seiko is one that cannot be manually wound.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 29, 2016

Can you describe how you wound the Seamaster.
    Was it just shaking the watch or did you actually unscrew the crown and wind it clockwise (looking at the cap of the crown from 3 o'clock position)?

6. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! Apr 29, 2016

Congrats on the new wife!

7. erlcl3e Apr 29, 2016

11 hours is definitely abnormal, even if you weren't active. I'd check with the seller/dealers. If the watches are faulty, they'll take care of it. Even if they're not and they have some explanation for why the watches are doing what they're doing, they'll be able to teach you what's wrong and what to do in the future. Good luck and congrats on the new wife and watch!

8. 13x Apr 30, 2016

Hi thanks for the responses!

I wound both watches via waving them in the air (for want of a better description)

I must confess that due to being male I did not read the manual and therefore was not aware that the Seamaster could by wound via the crown.

Going to do this and then check back

9. Finrod Felagund Apr 30, 2016

Should work just fine from nowon!

10. 13x Apr 30, 2016

Also the Omega manual states that the crown has 3 positions whereas it actually has 4. Bit confusing.

11. Finrod Felagund Apr 30, 2016

Once unscrewed it jumps to 1st position (to wind)

If you pull it once it goes to 2nd position (date)

If you pull it agin it goes to 3rd position (hours & minutes)

12. Finrod Felagund Apr 30, 2016

Don't forget to screw it back otherwise it won't resist to water!!

13. 13x Apr 30, 2016

image.jpeg The manual says that position 1 is the wearing position, or screwed down.

14. Finrod Felagund Apr 30, 2016

unscrewed = position 1
    pulled once = position 2
    pulled twice = position 3

screwed = positio 0 (water resistant)