Forums Latest Members

Newbie, first post, and I think it's likely to get me thrown off the site

1. Adam Waters Feb 28, 2021

Hello everyone. I'm new to omegas and bought a 300 quid seamaster deville auto last week. I'm now watching every eBay (sorry) sale for all sorts of things and googling to get info like mad....

I've just bought a quartz constellation movement in a ruined movement case.. Where do I find used movement cases?.. preferably not like the one it came out of?

... and sorry about the awful pics!

.. and for any offence caused!

1.jpg 2.jpg
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 28, 2021

::popcorn::

Farmer and marco like this.
  3. Adam Waters Feb 28, 2021

I fear yours may be the only response , Darlinboy. ... I fear I may be deafened by the contempt of silence!

DaveK likes this.
  4. Dan S Feb 28, 2021

Welcome to OF, Adam. Let's see the SMDV.

5. sleepyastronaut Feb 28, 2021

Welcome to the site!

If you're planning on sticking around, please set an avatar!

DaveK likes this.
  6. Adam Waters Feb 28, 2021

1966 I think 711cal. quite thin. needs a new glass.

3.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg
  7. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Feb 28, 2021

My eyes hurt now. Other than that I don’t see how you would not be allowed to stay. After all I am still here

Dsloan, apsm100, Walrus and 2 others like this.
  8. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Feb 28, 2021

Welcome to OF. Not sure you will get much response regarding the quartz with or without decent pics apart from a little derision maybe.
    Not enough to get you removed from the Forum though we all make mistakes and are happy to commiserate when others do the same.

Stay around. Enjoy yourself and learn but I hope you realise you are entering a rabbit hole with can damage the health of your wallet

Omega1, stevec14, DaveK and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dan S Feb 28, 2021

I think you should have led off with this one. It's an interesting movement.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 28, 2021

Welcome to the forum, may I suggest you slow down and stop buying junked stuff — it’s going to cost you more to repair than it’s worth.

Best regards

Syzygy, Omega1, DaveK and 8 others like this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 28, 2021

We’re not that mean mate but yea you need to really try to take your time a bit more before making purchases or you’ll end up with a box full of spares that nobody really wants and very few good watches.

12. Observer I know nothing! Feb 28, 2021

We could probably make fun of you if you really want. :)

DaveK and apsm100 like this.
  13. lindo Feb 28, 2021

I strongly suggest that you start looking through Desmond's site http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/ before you buy anything more.
    Every article contains interesting and valuable information that has direct application to evaluating watches you see on eBay or in other online sources. Collecting vintage watches without doing at least some basic homework will lead you astray very quickly, and frankly will cost you because you will be buying stuff you do not know enough about. You might even give up, which would be a shame because watch collecting is a fascinating and enduring pastime.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  14. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Feb 28, 2021

DSotW and DaveK like this.
  15. Professor Feb 28, 2021

Awhile back while trying to find a case for my 67-68 Deville I ran across quite a few NOS replacement Deville quartz movement cases for reasonable prices (IIRC around $70 all up with bezels, crystals, backs, stem tubes and spacers). Could be they didn't sell as well as expected at the time. No telling if any are left.

16. Adam Waters Mar 1, 2021

Thank you everyone for this. Much learned. .....

Looking forward to learning more

: )

17. Omega1 Mar 3, 2021

Welcome to the forum.... the fountain of knowledge here is incredible so take your time no pun intended and enjoy this journey you have started....

18. Rado63 Mar 3, 2021

If the quartz movement is working fine, maybe find the same watch with a bad movement. or find what other references even if not a constellation, may have had the same movement and dial size and again the movement isn't working and you just harvest the case and make your own watch.

19. kkt Mar 3, 2021

Should've bought a camera with your 300 quid. You'll need good pictures in order to sell that stuff. ;)

20. Adam Waters Mar 4, 2021

The LAST thing I need is a good camera- Otherwise id see this:

tempImageNAjFMk.png