Newbie alert

Posts
6
Likes
17
After a few years of being an ardent seiko fan I've seen the light and jumped on the omega train. A very good friend has had his armed twisted and has agreed to part with his reduced mk40 to shut me up (forgive me if the designation isn't correct) it's in great condition with box & papers ...sooo excited. My question is can I wear it every day, I'm a normal bloke and if I have something I've worked hard for ...I use it.
No sense locking it away keeping it fresh for the next guy....am I crazy?
 
Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
I'm a normal bloke and if I have something I've worked hard for ...I use it
Welcome Biscuits, We mostly have fun here!
We could use a "normal bloke" though, as most of us have various issues and we are all guilty of spending too much time/money/thought on watches.
Can't help with the Speedy, I follow the oldies but there are plenty here who can.
Sit back and enjoy!
 
Posts
1,210
Likes
3,906
Welcome! I'd say, if you like it, wear it and enjoy. No need to squirrel it away to keep it fresh for the next person to enjoy when you have it in your possession!
 
Posts
567
Likes
1,112
Welcome. They’re designed to be worn every day, so go for it. You’ll get scratches and dings, but they’re meant to be enjoyed and not locked away.
 
Posts
844
Likes
6,758
Watches (for the most part) are mass-produced luxury items, not unique works of art or archeological relics. Use it till the wheels fall off.
 
Posts
6
Likes
17
Watches (for the most part) are mass-produced luxury items, not unique works of art or archeological relics. Use it till the wheels fall off.
Cheers wheels falling off could be a thing ...had over 159 m/cycles ...fell off a few times too.
Had a few nice cars could never understand why people had garage queen's.
 
Posts
140
Likes
208
That is a VERY cool Speedy date variation. I’m in the dings and dents are what it’s for club. Wear in good health and enjoy!
 
Posts
8,811
Likes
62,402
I've always lived among all my different collectibles at the house and rotated through my office as decorations and enjoyed them.

My Motto: If not now, when?
 
Posts
443
Likes
577
Not wearing a watch you have and like, it's like not having intimacy with your lover, just to keep it (the watch) or her/him (the lover) fresh for the next guy.
Simply crazy.
😁
 
Posts
3,281
Likes
9,863
After a few years of being an ardent seiko fan I've seen the light and jumped on the omega train. A very good friend has had his armed twisted and has agreed to part with his reduced mk40 to shut me up (forgive me if the designation isn't correct)

Maybe you should get a Railmaster instead then 😀

Can it be both a Redused and a Mk40? Forgive me too, the designations confuse me aswell.
 
Posts
897
Likes
3,715
These things are meant to be worn and enjoyed. Looks like a bad ass watch. Rock it and enjoy it! Congrats on the purchase
 
Posts
3,281
Likes
9,863
Those red hands look great! Imagine the watch on a black NATO with a red stripe down the middle.