Forums Latest Members
  1. Biscuits4cheese Apr 3, 2022

After a few years of being an ardent seiko fan I've seen the light and jumped on the omega train. A very good friend has had his armed twisted and has agreed to part with his reduced mk40 to shut me up (forgive me if the designation isn't correct) it's in great condition with box & papers ...sooo excited. My question is can I wear it every day, I'm a normal bloke and if I have something I've worked hard for ...I use it.
    No sense locking it away keeping it fresh for the next guy....am I crazy? IMG-20220401-WA0003.jpg

mountainunder, aphexafx, flw and 6 others like this.
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 3, 2022

Welcome Biscuits, We mostly have fun here!
    We could use a "normal bloke" though, as most of us have various issues and we are all guilty of spending too much time/money/thought on watches.
    Can't help with the Speedy, I follow the oldies but there are plenty here who can.
    Sit back and enjoy!

3. Syzygy Apr 3, 2022

Welcome! I'd say, if you like it, wear it and enjoy. No need to squirrel it away to keep it fresh for the next person to enjoy when you have it in your possession!

vintage hab and Biscuits4cheese like this.
  4. Badwolf Apr 3, 2022

Welcome. They’re designed to be worn every day, so go for it. You’ll get scratches and dings, but they’re meant to be enjoyed and not locked away.

Biscuits4cheese likes this.
  5. Nupero Apr 3, 2022

Watches (for the most part) are mass-produced luxury items, not unique works of art or archeological relics. Use it till the wheels fall off.

6. Fish70 Apr 3, 2022

It is a great looking watch. Wear it!

7. Biscuits4cheese Apr 3, 2022

Cheers wheels falling off could be a thing ...had over 159 m/cycles ...fell off a few times too.
    Had a few nice cars could never understand why people had garage queen's.

8. Doc Olives Apr 3, 2022

That is a VERY cool Speedy date variation. I’m in the dings and dents are what it’s for club. Wear in good health and enjoy!

flw and Biscuits4cheese like this.
  9. TexOmega Apr 3, 2022

I've always lived among all my different collectibles at the house and rotated through my office as decorations and enjoyed them.

My Motto: If not now, when?

vintage hab and Biscuits4cheese like this.
  10. mcemeren Apr 4, 2022

Wear it in good and healthy days, cheers.

11. savio.79 Apr 4, 2022

Not wearing a watch you have and like, it's like not having intimacy with your lover, just to keep it (the watch) or her/him (the lover) fresh for the next guy.
    Simply crazy.
    :D

hen and vintage hab like this.
  12. hen Apr 4, 2022

Maybe you should get a Railmaster instead then :)

Can it be both a Redused and a Mk40? Forgive me too, the designations confuse me aswell.

13. TheGreekPhysique Apr 4, 2022

These things are meant to be worn and enjoyed. Looks like a bad ass watch. Rock it and enjoy it! Congrats on the purchase

14. hen Apr 4, 2022

Those red hands look great! Imagine the watch on a black NATO with a red stripe down the middle.