Forums Latest Members
  1. phritz Jul 27, 2016

Hello all. I'm new to Omegas, looking for an inexpensive vintage one to maybe start a collection. I've already learned a lot from lurking around here for a while.
    Came across this watch, and looking for the expert opinions here. Pics are not the greatest, which may be cause for concern, I just don't know.
    What do you all think?
    Screenshot_2016-07-27-11-22-57.png Screenshot_2016-07-27-11-23-29.png Screenshot_2016-07-27-11-23-14.png

2. WatchmakerTheory Jul 27, 2016

Pictures aren't the best quality, but from what I can tell, everything looks pretty good. Dial appears to be original, and everything else seems to be in pretty good condition. The rotor on the movement looks kind of worn though... Depending on the price, this could be a great starter vintage watch!

The pictures look like they were taking from the Ebay app; could you post the listing here? Any information about the seller/watch would be helpful.

3. phritz Jul 27, 2016

4. WatchmakerTheory Jul 27, 2016

Couldn't really learn anything more from the Ebay page. Seller looks fine.

What are you hoping to spend if you were to get this watch?

5. phritz Jul 27, 2016

I'm hoping to keep my purchase under $400, but have a little bit of wiggle room. Problem is, I'm not sure of the actual value. Good news is, I doubt I'll ever want to sell it, as this will be my first, and therefore a bit more special to me.
    Since I'm not looking to profit on it ever, I'm willing to pay what it's worth, I just don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks again for the quick replies and the help.

6. WatchmakerTheory Jul 27, 2016

That's a pretty good assessment. My estimate is that the watch is worth ~$500. I wouldn't go above that. Good luck!

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 27, 2016

I think this watch will go for more than double the current bid
    Quite nice Dome dial hidden crown Connie
    Not sure if it's a .004 or a .010
    Can't see the serial number to judge the age
    If that's an 18mm strap it's a .010
    But if a16mm it could be an.004
    Nice medallion - the change to a brickwork observatory might be the giveaway but I can't remember when the change was
    I'd like to see the inside case back if I was bidding
    Case a bit polished but not too bad
    Dial looks a little jaded but it could just be the crystal
    That rotor will need sorting
    So factor in $300 for a service

Hope that helps