Forums Latest Members

New watch, new strap, new photos

1. mjb Jan 25, 2021

I bought the watch a few weeks ago, the bracelet doesn't quite fit me, so I ordered a custom strap for it to highlight the colors. It's pretty darn thick, so I'm getting used to it and breaking it in.

6.jpg

The watch is a GMT, and I like the subtle red highlights and even the askew GMT hand which (we presume) was done that way to clear the indices. The original bracelet is beautiful and very nicely made, but didn't fit my tiny wrist very well d/t the large clasp.

2.jpg

So far, the watch either keeps excellent time or lousy time. I can't tell. I'm trying to time it, but apparently my dyslexia is getting worse, as I have (it seems) set it an hour behind once, and then 5 minutes behind when I tried to correct it. Either that, or the watch is really, really erratic.

It's just a smidgen over 40mm wide, which is perfect for me. I recently sold me 42mm SMP which, although absolutely gorgeous, was just too big and heavy for me.

The strap came from https://www.vintagerstraps.com/ and Micah was very good about communicating with me before making it, to make sure that it was what I wanted and to confirm length. Micah is based in Napa Valley CA, USA, for those of us who prefer to have things made in our own country where possible.

Monta is based in Missouri, USA, but the watch is assembled in Switzerland and I believe that their inhouse labeled movement is based on the Sellita. Monta is owned by the same company that makes Everest straps, very popular with the Rolex fanbois.