Forums Latest Members
  1. watchthirst Jun 7, 2016

Hey everyone,

Where else does one turn when in doubt about what watch to gift my lady other than OF?

Earlier this year I had gifted her an IWC mark XV and she loves it. I attached some photos in the thread. She hasn't taken it off since. I'd like to add another watch to her collection as a "just because gift". I'm hoping to stay under $500 USD but I have wiggle room, and would consider both vintage and modern timepieces for her. A diver would be a cool addition to her collection but then again that's not a must. What's most important is the size of the case. It would be ideal at 38mm, but I've seen her wear some of my 40mm cases and she pulls them off well surprisingly.

All opinions welcome and very much appreciated as always. :thumbsup:

IMG_0028.PNG
    Foo2rama likes this.
  2. meganfox17 Jun 7, 2016

Hi @watchthirst

Oooo...[emoji13] l love those beautiful black onyx bead bracelets with silver skulls on your wife's wrist. I can tell she's a pretty independent lady, loves exploring & having a great adventure !

For a Vintage offering i would nominate any Omega Seamaster DeVille Cal 55x/ 56x[​IMG][​IMG]
    For a 2 in 1 package[emoji47]
    With a great maritime heritage , i believe you can still get a Zodiac Seawolf Vintage Divers below 1 K[​IMG]

Edited Jun 8, 2016
    OMGRLX, Syrte and watchthirst like this.
  3. watchthirst Jun 8, 2016

For some reason she hates the dress seamasters, and I recently purchase a seawolf to flip and had a thought to keep it for myself and yet again she turned into a watch terrorist and hated it :mad:

Thank you for posting those pics. Any chance you have something white dialed in mind?

meganfox17 likes this.
  4. meganfox17 Jun 8, 2016

Hi @watchthirst[​IMG]It's Not Unusual to ask your wife whether she likes white dials [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]paired with some white beads bracelet with gold bearded pharoah or silver lionhead [emoji13] [​IMG][​IMG]
    The One Tough Cookie KickAss Lady aka The Lara Croft of the Omega Forum whom you should consult is @Syrte[​IMG]

Edited Jun 8, 2016
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 8, 2016

6. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jun 8, 2016

7. Spy You know my name. Jun 8, 2016

You got a thing for Tom?

meganfox17 likes this.
  8. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 8, 2016

Mouse_at_Large likes this.
  9. EatMan Jun 8, 2016

J Crew/Timex Andros. 38mm "diver". A bit expensive for Quartz but can be picked up on sale for something like 30% off. Used to be listed under men's section but now list under women's accessory. Like a smaller 50 Fathoms.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited Jun 8, 2016
  10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jun 10, 2016

Gee, @meganfox17, somehow the alert system didn't alert me you were calling!!
    I totally second your suggestion of a Squale diver.
    They come in all sorts of color options.
    As a matter of fact I really like the one you posted : is it yours?
    If so we need to see a wrist shot !!!

But @watchthirst, if your lady doesn't like Zodiacs, are you sure she'd like a dive watch at all?
    would she not like one similar to this (but in better shape)?
    [​IMG]

If she's more into modern quartz thing:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poseidon-Di...472775?hash=item233ba435c7:g:hSEAAOSwFL9Tsn-ZPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Many women seem to like Tag Heuer dive watches although I'm not too crazy about them --there are plenty of white dial options.

A Bulova dive watch?
    Lots of cool models --how about this:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Prec...746690?hash=item281a0ced82:g:osIAAOSw2x1XMIuaPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

For a dressier option, how about a nice Eterna-Matic Kontiki?
    It's elegant with a chunky "don't mess with me" look, decent value for 37 mm automatic, its case reminds me a bit of the Rancheros.

Really like those:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ETE...663256?hash=item4d45734218:g:A18AAOSwvU5XNdhFPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNA-MATI...879000?hash=item58d0a94fd8:g:oisAAOSwiCRUb6qdPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Edited Jun 10, 2016
    watchthirst and meganfox17 like this.