Forums Latest Members

FS New venture: handmade leather straps from 18 to 22mm

1. George.A Jan 7, 2018

Hi guys,

getting tired of searching for that right strap for that certain watch, together with a good friend of mine we ventured into the world of handmade leather straps.

So we found an old craftsman (a bespoke shoe maker in modern language) and approached him with the idea. After a lot of back on fort with debates on size, leather quality, finishing etc, we have the first batch ready.
    We're talking about handmade straps out of natural leather with minimal stitching and honey wax on the sides.

Here are the technical details:

All straps come in 110mm by 75mm long with around 2mm thickness and come in 5 different sizes available:
    1. 18mm by 16mm
    2. 19mm by 16mm
    3. 20mm by 16mm
    4. 21mm by 18mm
    5. 22mm by 20mm

Each of these sizes is available in 6 lovely shades pictured below. The ones from the pics are the 20mm by 16mm ones to get an idea:

[​IMG]

Light honey - thinking of a nice sunny day. This one has a corkish feeling and feels a bit rough.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Milk chocolate - this is among the smoothest leather I've seen so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark toffee - things are getting more serious
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coffee brown - to pair with a nice coffee to go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regular black - can't go wrong with this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark blue - why? because we believe everybody needs a dark blue strap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Money wise, we were thinking of 50$ a piece. Now, since we're at the beginning of this venture, some things we may get right from the start, some things we may not. Thus feedback is greatly appreciated.

So we're willing to sell them at 35$ a piece as long as you tell us your opinion on them. Or even better, take a wrist shot with our straps , tag us on instagram #G2Straps and tell your opinion there. If you don't have instagram, send us the wrist shot and we'll post it there ;).

Shipping to most countries varies between 5-10$.

Thanks for looking,
    George

Edited Jan 30, 2018
  2. southtexas Jan 7, 2018

Order placed thanks!

George.A likes this.
  3. ICONO Jan 8, 2018

Any chance of a larger size ( 120 x 80mm ) ? …For those of us, who don’t possess Girl’s wrists ?……

sah, Davidt and George.A like this.
  4. George.A Jan 8, 2018

Fair point :)).

Depending on the feedback received we may explore other sizes as well, but I do not have a clear ETA at this point.

Drop me a PM with the color and sizes you're interested in and I'll see what we can do :thumbsup:.

5. southtexas Jan 30, 2018

My sub on George’s strap. Very comfortable and a good buy at $50.

C96AD788-9AAB-4BE9-AF56-79212C63DFDF.jpeg 0731C320-AE45-4216-8A10-0ACD817208E5.jpeg
    GeorgeT11, George.A and Nathan1967 like this.
  6. southtexas Jan 31, 2018

Black 20mm strap from George

DA04A5CD-06A4-413B-B57C-6C36CC5FE9FF.jpeg
    Nathan1967 and George.A like this.
  7. josephgsy Feb 10, 2018

an overdue review on the straps:

they are really well made! i ordered a coffee brown and a dark blue in 19mm for my ed white and tri compax, they fit perfectly, the coffee brown leather is a softer more supple leather, while the dark blue is a stiffer, tougher leather. Both are great, but i think it's just a matter of what you prefer. also i should add that these 2 colours in particular are alot darker in person than on photos and they look almost black at a quick glance, the shade of brown/blue only starts to stand out when you have solid black colours around!

in all, i am really pleased with them, although i could do with a slightly shorter strap but that's just only because of my puny wrists :oops:

cheers and thank you george!

_DSC6750.jpg

Edited Feb 11, 2018
    George.A and Nathan1967 like this.
  8. George.A Apr 6, 2018

We thought it over and decided to keep the offer valid until the mid of the month. So get them at 35$ while it lasts.

9. akshayluc420 May 21, 2018

Hi George, I prefer deployants over tang & buckle, therefore is it possible to get these in a 20mm by 18mm configuration? Thanks!