Forums Latest Members

New two-tone Daytona : hard to get?

1. john_coburg Sep 8, 2020

Good morning all,
    i have wanted one of these for a while, so will probably be buying one from my AD shortly. but just so i make a fully-informed purchase before parting with my hard-earned £14k, should i believe the salesperson who tells me it was difficult to secure for me and hold on to for me while i pontificated? i thought they were readily available.
    although i like the piece and am comfortable with the pricing (as much as i can be), i'd like to understand the dynamic a little better, i.e. is this purchase a favour to me from the AD, or a favour from me to the AD ?
    I suspect it probably sits somewhere in the middle, but i'd like to know if i'm miles off, as there's a few other things i'd like from him and want to ensure this doesn't represent a 'spent bullet' (which i suspect he might tell me it is)

2. wristpirate Sep 8, 2020

Afaik all new Daytona are hard to get even the two-tone variants. These can be found for around retail price but if it's a watch you want anyway and it's from your friendly AD who you have a relationship with then that seems like a no brainer

3. Evitzee Sep 8, 2020

If you like it, buy it, it's just that simple. Don't try to analyze it, the dealer makes a profit and you get a watch you want at a price you are comfortable about.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 8, 2020

I’ve seen precious metal Daytona’s available at AD’s it’s the steel variants that are difficult to get.