Forums Latest Members

New to vintage ! Need help with identifying watch, fake or real ??

1. joshuajovianus Aug 14, 2017

Hi there Omega Forums! I've been following this forum for a while now and have been reading for the past couple of months. But this is my first time posting on this forum :) so please go easy on me!

I am very new to vintage and I just bought couple of watches from Ebay. I've been buying pretty affordable watches because simply I am new and I wanted to start with not too expensive watches. However, I'm afraid that I might have made couple of mistakes by not really understanding the watch type and there's a possibility they are fake and not genuine :( I'm going to post some photos of the watches that I got from Ebay.

Can you guys please help me to identify the price approximately and also if they are fake or real or even maybe they have been redialed or refinished? I apologize if some of the questions are stupid, but I have researched for information about the watch but I'm still not sure of the details of the watch.

First of all : Omega Seamaster Deville

View attachment 428009 View attachment 428010 View attachment 428011 View attachment 428012 View attachment 428013

Apart from the case has been polished, why the caseback has no logo on it? I thought there should be a seamonster logo on the back. Could it be a fake? The seller also didn't post the movement because he / she said they need to be opened by a watch maker because the case has to be opened from the top. I know it was not wise to buy a watch without seeing the movement but I got it for a pretty decent price. It would be great if you guys can tell me what is the movement type as well because the seller didn't know :( Also, do you know the price approximately for this watch?

Second : Chronographe Suisse

View attachment 428016 View attachment 428017 View attachment 428018 View attachment 428019 View attachment 428020

Can you guys tell me about the brand? I did my research and people have said that this is not a big brand. It was meant for tourists who went to Swiss and wanted to bring back a Swiss made watch as a souvenir. Any idea if this has been redialed? Do you know the price approximately for this watch?

Third : Mirexal Chronograph Panda

View attachment 428021 View attachment 428022 View attachment 428023 View attachment 428024

I simply bought this because it is Panda dial and it's vintage. I know the brand Mirexal itself is very small and it is a brand that was sold in department stores back in the days. Can you guys tell me more about the brand and this type specifically? I got it for the cheapest price compared to the other two, but do you guys know the price approximately for this watch?

That's it for now. Again, thank you so so much for reading this post and for responding to it. I really appreciate it :)

Josh

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 14, 2017

The last two need to be posted here: https://omegaforums.net/forums/other-watch-brands-forum/
    It would be great if you guys can tell me what is the movement type as well because the seller didn't know
    [​IMG]
    Also, do you know the price approximately for this watch?

Whatever you paid for it.

3. joshuajovianus Aug 14, 2017

Sure I'll post it there. Thanks.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 14, 2017

The first is obviously a replacement crown, that does not match the watch.

5. joshuajovianus Aug 14, 2017

I see. Thanks for that. Do you know why there is no seamonster logo on the back? Is it because that specific type not meant to have the logo?

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 15, 2017

Not all do. As noted you can have a watchmaker remove the back and all info is inside.