Forums Latest Members
  1. Drgessler Oct 24, 2017

Hello all. I just wanted to say hello. New to the forum but have been an omega fan for the last 15 years. I purchased a 2254.50 as a birthday present to myself 13 years ago. Love the watch. Recently inherited am old datejust from my late father. I do like how the watch looks but in my opinion, nothing feels more comfortable or looks as good on the wrist as the old wave dial and sword hands. Anyone else have one of these beauties?

2. lhs1978 Oct 25, 2017

Hi, I'm new too. Have never really been that interested in watches but I decided to purchased my first Speedmaster earlier this year with some money I'd been left and now I'm hooked. Currently searching for a birth year Speedy.

cicindela and Robert-Jan like this.
  3. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 25, 2017

Welcome both :)

I like the 2254.50 a lot and wished I purchased one 13 years ago :) They seem to creep up in value quite a bit ever since. Next year is a big one for the Seamaster 300M (25th anniversary) so let's see what Omega is going to come up with. Normally they don't let these things go by unnoticed.

Tet likes this.
  4. Drgessler Oct 25, 2017

I have always thought the wave dial looked so much better than the current one. Don't get me wrong the lacquered dial is gorgeous but the wave dial is what set the seamaster professional apart from the sub in terms of appearance. Just like rolex uses the Cyclops as their 'calling card'.

I did want to ask what you guys think of the 1120 movement in comparison to the 2500 currently being used. I see a lot of mixed reviews on other forums/websites. Anyone have any experience in that area?

Thanks

5. panaitchrono Oct 25, 2017

It's nice to talk but the pictures are better..they talk a lot more..:)..welcome to the forum

6. Drgessler Oct 25, 2017

How do I post a pic?

7. ac921ol Oct 25, 2017

Welcome people, if I were you, I’d download the tapatalk app, it makes it much easier to browse and post pictures.

While on your phone

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2017

It is easy to post pictures . Just create a post and click on the ad photos . Navigate to you photo and either click on it or just drag it. Very simple.

9. Drgessler Oct 25, 2017

I tried to figure it out. Unfortunately I'm a bit tech illiterate.

10. jcmartinez98 Oct 26, 2017

yes
    Love it

6AC150B4-7EE9-4DB0-B8E0-58B834B325B0.jpeg

Shailor likes this.
  11. Drgessler Oct 26, 2017

Looks fantastic. Have you had any issues with the bracelet stretch? I have noticed some wear in mine. Which is odd because it gets a weekly bath with warm soapy water and a soft tooth brush. What do you guys think about swapping the bravely for a new speedy bracelet with the screws instead of pins and a new slide extension? Or should I just leave it be? Still my favorite timepiece.

12. jcmartinez98 Oct 27, 2017

Have noticed no issues with bracelet stretch