Forums Latest Members
  1. TheZombaslaya Jan 28, 2017

Hi everyone!
    Today, I just purchased my first Omega from Craigslist. It's a Seamaster 166.0215. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips about it and if you have one, tell me what you think of it. Thank you! :)

00R0R_l0CMDXbPiz6_1200x900.jpg
    Foo2rama and Jwit like this.
  2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jan 28, 2017

Hello @TheZombaslaya!! Welcome to OF!

You're off to a good start so far, you have an avatar and you posted a good photo of your watch. However we thrive on photos so the mor the better. This thread will give you some great suggestions on how to "help us help you".
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/
    Also make sure you take the time to read the stickies at the top of each forum, it will probably answer a lot of questions.

What has your research uncovered about the watch? My quick searches showed many similar pieces. It looks to me that your day or date wheel may be a replacement due to the different discoloration. However still a nice first purchase! Omega's vintage database is usually a good tool as well. I found a similar model...slightly different ref and case material. But all else seems the same. https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/19623/

Hope you enjoy your watch and hang around here a while(if we don't scare you off that is).

-Jake

ahartfie and Vitezi like this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 28, 2017

I'll second @Jwit !

Nice piece! normally people show up with nightmares! What questions do you have after your research?

Jwit likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 29, 2017

My own research?
    [​IMG]

Jwit likes this.
  5. TheZombaslaya Feb 2, 2017

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I've noticed it has been running about a minute fast a day, i've been synchronizing time with my phone. Not sure if that's normal or if I should take it in.

6. MaiLollo Feb 3, 2017

If it wasn't serviced recently & you do not have proof, it always is best to service the watch, especially if you know a good watchmaker that works well. Then again since it is not a rare movement you can wear it for a couple of weeks, see how volatile the power reserve & accuracy are, and if the situation is pretty stable then enjoy it and send it in for servicing when the situation "worsens"