Forums Latest Members

New to Omega, need pricing advice.

1. kcgunner Dec 16, 2019

Brand new here, thanks for adding me. I have an offer from an authorized dealer locally for the Seamaster 300m 42mm with the white dial and steel bracelet model number 210.30.42.20.04.001. The offer is shipped to me, so no tax for around $4600. I’ve seen this model retails for 5200 plus tax. However I’ve seen it online for $4150 to $4300 with free shipping and no tax. So what’s your opinions on this? Think I can do any better? How much of a deal can you really get from an omega dealer? Thanks so much.

2. ilayd Dec 16, 2019

That seems like a reasonable deal on a new Seamaster, and one of the variants of color that has recently come out. The ones you see online may or may not have a valid Omega warranty, which would change the deal significantly. An AD selling the watch should be selling it with a warranty.

That being said, there are occasional instances where people are able to get about 20% of retail on common models of Speedmaster and the Blue or Black Seamaster. I am unsure how the white Seamaster is selling, but taking a wild guess that its newer, I'd say that I wouldnt expect an AD to go that low yet... So 10-15% discount does sound appropriate.

kcgunner likes this.
  3. kcgunner Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for reply. After searching the forums you seem to be right on the money. Some people say they've gotten 20% but those seem to be not as common. And I guess this model with the white dial has only been out a few months..... I'll see what I can do.

4. mjb Dec 17, 2019

Sounds like a fair deal to me. When I was buying my blue face 300M (same model) I could only get 10% off at the AD because it is a new model... however, I couldn't do much better gray market, and my rule is that I need to save at least the cost of a service, since you can't always count on the warranty with those guys. And I'm not about to send it to Jomashop (as an example - nothing wrong with them) for repair.

However, I prefer to buy locally when I can, and I did for the Seamaster. This may also help down the road if I want to buy a limited edition...

5. whyboddau Dec 17, 2019

Agreed. This price from an AD covers a service and has a 5 year Omega warranty. The service cost may even creep up in 5 years.

And as @mjb mentioned, this builds a relationship with the AD for future purchases and/or limited ed considerations.

6. kcgunner Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it.

7. greyfox422 Dec 18, 2019

The discount from an AD is great. The less expensive options online can be dangerous, I would imagine the AD is 100% solid and trustworthy. The extra money is worth the peace of mind.

cristos71 and Martin_F like this.
  8. kcgunner Dec 19, 2019

I went with the AD and wasn't disappointed. I got very close to the grey market pricing and am very pleased!