New to me Tissot

Hey Omegaforums, just picked up a vintage Tissot from an estate. There is something about bumper automatics that I guess I can't get enough of. This one is particularly interesting to me as it looks to have its original box and receipt. I believe the purchase date says 1948, does this make sense and how does it look to you? Never owned a Tissot from this vintage before, and would appreciate any thoughts or opinions from Tissot fans. Thanks.
IMG_4226.jpeg IMG_4227.jpeg IMG_4228.jpeg IMG_4229.jpeg IMG_4230.jpeg IMG_4232.jpeg

Never owned a Tissot from this vintage before, and would appreciate any thoughts or opinions from Tissot fans
Nice catch! Appears to be a US-cased watch by L&K. Tissot rolled out their first bumpers in 1944 and didn't switch to full-rotor automatics until 1953. The serial number on the receipt indicates a manufacturing date of 1947. You'll want to open the watch to make sure the serial is the same, but from the outside, the style of the dial, hands, case and box all look original and correct for the late 1940s. The crown may have been replaced, as signed crowns didn't commonly appear until the mid-1950s, but it's the right style regardless.

I don't have much knowledge, but I do have this
It's a bumper currently in for service. It kept stopping at 10s after 12 20230521_100014.jpg

Cool watch especially together with the box and receipt.

The picture is not very clear, but the dial appears to have been refinished. Better pictures would definately help to determine if it has been.

The picture is not very clear, but the dial appears to have been refinished. Better pictures would definately help to determine if it has been.

Thanks for the responses so far. Took some more pictures of the dial. My camera definitely makes the minute track stand out more than it does in person.

I am not an expert on these Tissots, but I think the dial is factory. The font looks sharp and detailed with my loop.
IMG_4250.jpeg IMG_4251.jpeg IMG_4254.jpeg

There is something going on with the minute track between 25 and 30. I agree the Tissot and automatic look good.

There is something going on with the minute track between 25 and 30. I agree the Tissot and automatic look good.

Good catch, saw that too. I suspect that what we see is just just some mark/wear on the dial. Seems separate from the minute track if you look closely. In addition it’s it looks almost brown with my loop and light, definitely not the same look as the font or min track. Unfortunately you can’t see this in the photo.

Thanks for the input.
Regardless, pretty happy with the watch.
IMG_4264.png
Edited:

Nice catch, and watch. Bumpers on wrist are a delight 😀

Here is my dual tone bumper one with similar dial PXL_20230616_161102225.MP.jpg
Edited:

Congratulations on your vintage Tissot find! It's great that your Tissot comes with its original box and receipt.

Enjoy exploring the history and charm of your vintage Tissot!

Hey Omegaforums, just picked up a vintage Tissot from an estate. There is something about bumper automatics that I guess I can't get enough of. This one is particularly interesting to me as it looks to have its original box and receipt. I believe the purchase date says 1948, does this make sense and how does it look to you? Never owned a Tissot from this vintage before, and would appreciate any thoughts or opinions from Tissot fans. Thanks.
IMG_4226.jpeg IMG_4227.jpeg IMG_4228.jpeg IMG_4229.jpeg IMG_4230.jpeg IMG_4232.jpeg
Very nice find

Congrats on the find!!! Awesome it came with the original box too.
Bumper movements are fun. They take some getting used to as the bump does take you a bit by surprise at first. I can relate it to the same feeling as a mainspring at full wing snapping while wearing the watch. Had that happen only once but it made me think I had the bumper omega seamaster on, then I realised it was my mechanical wind tissot. Service and a new mainspring needed then.

wear in good health, awesome piece.

Love the black dial on that. @Bruce235
And that is a great gift!
Thanks, came out very nice, dial is perfect, case has no issues. Nice clank to the bumper movement. There is a slight miss alignment between hour and minute hands so I will get my watchmaker to adjust.
Thanks to OF member @janice&fred.