New to me - JLC Master Control Grande Taille

Beautiful watch, congrats.
But honestly, other than serious trouble, who sells a graduation gift? ::confused2::

Like 1
But honestly, other than serious trouble, who sells a graduation gift? ::confused2::

And a company gift?

I have watches that were a gift and I don't put on but I don't sell watches.

Nice……This is the type of watch if I only had one dress watch. This would be it.

We are in an age where people would sell their parents if they could. Sad but true.

It's not for aficionados. Enjoy.

I have no idea what that means. ::confused2::

While many people have sentimental attachment to things like watches, that doesn’t mean everyone does. To the guy I bought it from it was “just a watch that he didn’t wear any more” - which is fine I think. Each to their own.

Nice semi-vintage JLC, but their current pricing is getting a bit silly, the current equivalent watch is £9,150. There are a lot of options at that price point. Enjoy your old new JLC.

Nice semi-vintage JLC, but their current pricing is getting a bit silly, the current equivalent watch is £9,150. There are a lot of options at that price point. Enjoy your old new JLC.

Looking at old catalogues, JLC pricing has been “optimistic” for over 20 years. The recent rises though, are frankly a Liberty.

I now own three modern JLC watches. One bought new, two used, none of them anywhere near the RRP.

Thought I’d seen it somewhere before :confused:

IMG_2834.jpeg

Like 1
Thought I’d seen it somewhere before :confused:

From the early 90s adverts, JLC made no secret of the fact that they had raided their own mid 60s design book for the Master Control line.

Like 2
From the early 90s adverts, JLC made no secret of the fact that they had raided their own mid 60s design book for the Master Control line.

But for the price, I’d be very tempted by the CGT

While many people have sentimental attachment to things like watches, that doesn’t mean everyone does.

Fair enough, but people with no particular interest in objects can be very attached to a gift because it came from someone very dear. Guess this was not the case here.

Like 1
Fair enough, but people with no particular interest in objects can be very attached to a gift because it came from someone very dear. Guess this was not the case here.

Some watches are untouchable.

On the other hand, only a maniac would purchase a watch for his new born son and keep it stored away for many years.