Forums Latest Members
  1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 2, 2013

I have already barged in with a bunch of questions, and have received very helpful info. Thanks to those who took the time to read them, more thanks to those who responded.

I don't know if this is the right place for intros, or if anyone even cares :)

My name is Bryan, and I have been a collector for the better part of 25 years. My current interest is vintage Omega and Longines, though I feel the itch for yet another Rolex coming. I'm also saving for a Patek Philippe Nautilus Chrono (if anyone wants to strike up a collection, go for it). I have a 3710 Comet Nautilus (the old Jumbo with a useless but interestingly executed power reserve indicator). I also have a Royal Oak Calendar Moonphase with which I am failing to bond. You may see it for sale in a few months...

I recognize some folks here for other forums. You'll find me with the same user name on Rolex Forum (most and most recent), Time Zone, and WatchUSeek.

I'm excited about this forum and the knowledge found here, which is why I jumped right in with the questions. Seems like a great place for honest and uncensored advice and feedback (appreciated when presented in a tactful manner). I also appreciate the wise-a$$ comments as I make them myself (I'm not too sensitive!)

Any tips on membership or participation are welcome. I already know the tips about Useless Without Picture and Pictures Or It Didn't Happen.

Many thanks!

Mothra likes this.
  2. Sherbie Aug 4, 2013

Welcome aboard.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2013

Welcome Bryan. There are few rules here - but you can't expect to tell us you have a PP and a Royal Oak without posting pics of them in the High End forum :D

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2013

Seconded, we love seeing Pateks and Royal Oaks

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 4, 2013

I need very little encouragement to "show off" members of the watch family. I shared my watches and a little (?) story over on the High End side. Enjoy!

6. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 4, 2013

Welcome, is that a 56 Chevy in your avatar?

7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Aug 4, 2013

That's a '56 Chevy I'll bet, Nassau blue, filled the gas through a little door above the taillight, cleaner and simpler than the '57. 265 ci V8 was the nuts, easily souped up, basic motor design still used today (GM 350)..

Watch it be a Merc or a Packard, but.... I wouldn't bet against me.

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 4, 2013

So close, I won't deduct any points. Except the blue is Royal Turquoise.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375663790.835434.jpg

9. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Aug 4, 2013

That's a point off of me for guessing '56 instead of '55, maybe we call it even because the '55 color is Regal turqoise, I believe.
    Is that your car?
    Would you trade a watch for it? I've got a nice Seamaster soccer timer!
    Anyway, Welcome T.E.!

10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 4, 2013

That's my car. Trade me a Sky Moon Tourbillon?
    Sadly, I've neglected it lately.