Forums Latest Members

New Swatch watch with 90 hour power reserve!

1. Spy You know my name. Sep 9, 2014

2. repoman Sep 9, 2014

Interesting, I never really looked at Swatch watches before, some are appealing to my eye, but I think its odd to have a throw-away mechanical movement watch. The cost of servicing (if even possible) would far exceed the purchase price of a new one, so in effect, I would assume these watches have a 5yr life span, give or take, after which you toss in the garbage and buy a new one.

3. speedbird Sep 9, 2014

It is indeed inhouse, so much so that it's a sealed unit. They just came avaliable in the US. I'd like to see one but the plastic case turns me off sadly

4. Spy You know my name. Sep 9, 2014

Do not be so certain. I have a Swatch Rubin from 1991 and it has never been serviced but still has excellent time keeping. It sits in my watch box because I never wear it except when my OMEGA needs to be serviced. But a few winds later and it is good to go.

5. proximal Sep 9, 2014

I saw these in person at my local Swatch store a couple weeks ago. Great idea and the movement is technically interesting, but for $150, it's still built like a Swatch. Your run of the mill Seiko 5 is about $60 and there are tons of variations built on that movement out there.

6. CdnWatchDoc Sep 9, 2014

I just bought one; needed something this interesting in the collection. It is completely mechanical, only 51 parts all held together by a single central screw, plastic case but leather strap. Will take it for a test drive and let you know how it turns out...:)

Spy likes this.
  7. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Sep 9, 2014

Bought one in black for me and a white for my wife last june. It's a real swatch : fun but expensive, plastic and noisy. And I like it!

8. rxpete Sep 10, 2014

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410374864.311916.jpg

It's a cool watch.

Spy likes this.