Forums Latest Members
  1. Thumpinhard25 Aug 23, 2016

Well looking at some pics on here I came across strappedfortime.com and ordered up one of their leather bands, with white stitching for my 20th anniv Speedmaster. Shipping was pretty quick since I'm in TN (USA) and there in NC (USA). I've worn my Tag Heuer with a metal band for so long I thought I'd try something different with my Speedmaster and go leather. What do you guys think? Metal or leather? I will say I love this watch more and more everyday.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Thumpinhard25 Aug 23, 2016

Here's original metal band.

image.jpeg
  3. Clibka Aug 23, 2016

Looks fantastic. In looking for an alligator strap. Will have to look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumpinhard25 likes this.
  4. wsfarrell Aug 23, 2016

Understated, handsome.

5. gostang9 Aug 23, 2016

Nice to see feedback about a strap supplier. There are so many options and it's always difficult gleaning whether a supplier is okay or not based on their website. What is the quality like? There leather straps look to be a very low price (~$40 USD?) and I wonder if they feel like decent quality?

I like the white contrasting stitching to match the bezel, watch dial and hands.

As for which is better, Variety is the spice of life, isn't it nice being able to change it up? I made my first Speedy strap change recently and found it exciting to change the overall look so quickly and easily. I think the great thing about a watch is once you have options and know how to change them, it never has to be an "either, or" decision again.

6. Thumpinhard25 Aug 23, 2016

Right on the money. It was right around $40 for the strap. I like the quality but honestly have nothing to compare it too. As for the company I liked the fact that they were a US company, and had many choices of materials from the cheap $40 to the high dollar exotics. I also had a choice of color on the band and the stitching, and decided I wanted the stitching to stand out, matching the dial. In the end im pretty happy with the look. It feels like an entirely different watch. Of course Ive only had it for a couple weeks, and the watch still felt new in the first place. I figure if I get bored I can go back to the orginal 1450 bracelet.

ahartfie and gostang9 like this.
  7. Soulbrass Aug 23, 2016

I've purchased ~10 leather straps from Strapped For Time; they have a wide selection and have always delivered quality, fairly-priced straps, good customer service and prompt shipping...I won't hesitate to buy from them again. (no relationship to business)

gostang9 likes this.