Forums Latest Members

New SPM 300M / rubber strap / deployant clasp

1. martinman Jan 28, 2020

I'd happily give Omega my $$ for this combination, but it doesn't exist. So, I'm turning to the smart people here to help provide some options. I already have the new SPMc in white on a bracelet. For the summer months, I'd like to put it on a rubber strap, but the only way Omega sells the rubber strap is with a buckle.

The boutique even tried to fit a PO deployant on the SMP and it doesn't fit. Both my AD and Omega verified this as well.

One option would be to get the rubber from omega + an aftermarket deployant, but I'm wondering if any are a perfect fit.

...or go aftermarket on both.

The watch was expensive, and I don't want to cheap out on the thing holds it on my wrist :). I want a perfect, safe, secure fit.

2. Wetworks Jan 28, 2020

I have it and wouldn't call it "cheaping out." The buckle isn't some aftermarket re-brand; it's very stylish and unobtrusive. Deployants are very nice, usually comfortable, but I don't believe they are as secure as buckle/tang combos (of course probably negligibly, but still). Give the buckle another shot.

3. martinman Jan 28, 2020

Oh man - sorry, I didn't want to leave the impression that the buckle was bad, cheap or not stylish. Re-reading my post though, let me clarify: For me, it's about function. I think the deployant is more secure around my wrist. I like the feel of the bracelet and want the same for the rubber. Plus, I store the watch in a winder when not in use, and trying to fiddle with the watch to some how bend it around the pillow. I'm pretty clumsy :).

I could give the buckle a try and likely will, but man, a deployant would be perfect.

Wetworks likes this.
  4. texasmade Jan 29, 2020

I’ve seen people fit the Aqua Terra rubber strap and deployant clasp on the SMP 300M.

5. Undefeatable Jan 29, 2020

I was in the same boat too. When I had my SMP 300M, I bought it on rubber because I am not a fan of the bracelet aesthetically. At first I wasnt a fan of the buckle vs deployant, but after awhile, I appreciated the buckle/clasp system because of how well it was built and how it kept the watch and thinner when on the wrist.

I have the new Aqua Terra now on rubber/deployant and I love it. I am a huge sucker for rubber or leather on deployants, so I for sure prefer it.