Forums Latest Members

New Speedmaster Professional Pusher Problem

1. malabone Sep 21, 2020

Hi

I bought a new hesalite moonwatch (311.30.42.30.01.005) this week from a UK authorised dealer. Playing around with the chronograph a day after purchase, the start/stop pusher clicked, activated the chronograph and then... repeated pushes did not cause a click and did not stop the chronograph. I left the watch alone with the chronograph running for an hour or so whilst I contacted the authorised dealer to return the watch. When I went back to the watch and tried pushing the start/stop pusher again (the chronograph still running) the pusher clicked and the chronograph stopped. I was then able to reset the chronograph to zero. Subsequent repeated tests have not caused a re-occurrence of the problem.

I'm not worried too much, as the watch has the five year warranty and I will keep testing the chronograph function over the coming months, but could an expert in how the chronograph functions shed any light on these questions:

1. what could have caused this single failure of the start/stop pusher?
    2. whether it is likely to happen again?

Thanks in advance for any help

Martin

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 21, 2020

Well, the most obvious cause is that you didn't press the pusher hard enough. Do you think that's a possibility? If so, then I wouldn't worry about it, but if not then I would monitor it and if it happens again, get the dealer to take a look.

Cheers, Al

3. malabone Sep 21, 2020

Hi. Thanks for the reply, but, no... repeated hard presses and no click!