New Speedmaster bracelet not balanced

Hey guys!

I have a brand new Speedmaster that I am getting ready to size, just ordered a screwdriver from Wiha tools.

just a quick question, why does the bracelet look out of balance?

Why doesn’t Omega make it so that the clasp balances flat?

Why does omega put so many links on the 6 o’clock side and less on the 12 o clock side?

They don't. Count the links.....same number on each side (8).

Remove a link from the 6 o'clock side and move it to 12. For comfort, the 6 o'clock side should have less links than 12.

Whoever sized your watch originally was lazy.

I don't have a Speedmaster with that bracelet right now, but you'll have to decide where to remove links to make it fit, all wrists are slightly different. I find two links removed on the six o'clock side gives me a good fit on my 7.5" wrist on other Omega bracelets. Play around with it.

I'm guessing that putting an equal number of links on either side, never mind the asymmetry of the clasp, has worked out for them (watch manufacturers) for quite a while, and these days they prefer not to think about it too much anymore, because it makes their brains hurt.

There's probably some argument that can be made based on the thickness of the ulna and the radius, but - oooh, my brain! Sorry, you have to figure it out for yourself. Just don't scratch up the watch band. You can also switch sides - I think most of my watch clasps are mounted opposite of what your pic shows. If you do that, don't scratch up the watch lugs.
Also, it's a bit like trying on shoes - what fits in the morning might not fit in the afternoon - that (and Corona) is why a lot of people here switch watches at noon.

Edit: just checked my Omega (because I don't have anything better to do, apparently), and I'll be darned, it is mounted with the clasp orientation like in your pic: six-and-a-half links on the six o'clock side, and five-and-a-half on the twelve o'clock side, with the six position adjustable 1154 clasp (w/o diver extension). With that clasp there are no links hidden under the clasp.

I know you just bought the watch, and you aren't even allowed to wear it (or are you now? I thought it was November?), but it's never too early to start thinking about whether you need an adjustable clasp. It's also a lot cheaper than starting to think about whether you need a second watch.
Edited:

For comfort, the 6 o'clock side should have less links than 12.
Indeed, for comfort and centering of the clasp on the underside of the wrist.

I'm guessing that putting an equal number of links on either side, never mind the asymmetry of the clasp, has worked out for them (watch manufacturers) for quite a while, and these days they prefer not to think about it too much anymore, because it makes their brains hurt.

There's probably some argument that can be made based on the thickness of the ulna and the radius, but - oooh, my brain! Sorry, you have to figure it out for yourself. Just don't scratch up the watch band. You can also switch sides - I think most of my watch clasps are mounted opposite of what your pic shows. If you do that, don't scratch up the watch lugs.
Also, it's a bit like trying on shoes - what fits in the morning might not fit in the afternoon - that (and Corona) is why a lot of people here switch watches at noon.

Edit: just checked my Omega (because I don't have anything better to do, apparently), and I'll be darned, it is mounted with the clasp orientation like in your pic: six-and-a-half links on the six o'clock side, and five-and-a-half on the twelve o'clock side, with the six position adjustable 1154 clasp (w/o diver extension). With that clasp there are no links hidden under the clasp.

I know you just bought the watch, and you aren't even allowed to wear it (or are you now? I thought it was November?), but it's never too early to start thinking about whether you need an adjustable clasp. It's also a lot cheaper than starting to think about whether you need a second watch.
You are correct.

I’ve been doing research about adding an adjustable clasp, but I will try the original bracelet and clasp first. I also want to order a Uncle Seiko bracelet to switch things up.

I ordered my screwdriver today, so I can size it for November 3rd.

The day when I start my 3rd decade on earth.

Remove a link from the 6 o'clock side and move it to 12. For comfort, the 6 o'clock side should have less links than 12.

Watch hasn’t been sized yet, it is brand new.

I will size it myself here in about a week when the screwdriver gets here.

Super excited

The day when I start my 3rd decade on earth.

You're a very young (math!) teacher ...or you've lost a decade somewhere.

because your wrist is not a perfect circle....

You're a very young (math!) teacher ...or you've lost a decade somewhere.
Well Im about to turn 30 years of age!

because your wrist is not a perfect circle....
So I guess it's better to keep it shorter on the 6 o'clock side
So just about to start your 4th decade.
You're right.

Some math teacher I AM hahaha